Quote Originally Posted by jdinca View Post
Yes it is a mix of two languages. Never said it wasn't. Bok Fu Kenpo (White Tiger Fist) was the original name, taken from an article about GM Lee when he was in Tapei in 1972. http://www.bokfudo.com/magazine.html

The Do was added in 1994 at the urging of General Wu and General Chen of the ICKF based in Taiwan, and GM Huang, Chen-Liang of Tien Shan Pai, and GM Al Tracy of Tracy Kenpo. In addition, Shotokan was where GM Lee got his first BB, and the "Do" pays homage to that. The ICKF recognizes Bok Fu Do as a system of Chinese martial arts that was developed in the west. Note that I don't call it TCMA, because it isn't.

No hidden agenda here, or an attempt to claim Bok Fu Do is something it isn't. I'm just trying to provide facts to a discussion that involves my school.
As for "empty forms" I agree 100%. A student at one of the three schools that teach Bok Fu Do know what the form means, not just what the moves are. Techniques are the same way. Anything else would be a waste of time and money.