Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Shou Shu - real or another made-up melange?

Originally posted by joedoe
    You are all just a figment of my imagination.

Or am I just a figment of your imagination?

I can never remember.
    Actually, this entire board is just a figment of Ralek's imagination.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Nice try, Dawood, but you know better than that!
    hence the "bleh." mate

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

well said all

turbo,
    There is no Northern or southern anymore there is only Da Shifu Jr. - Da Shifu Ralph and who ever else decides to follow the Moore's family system as it is...

I was at a camp with Da Shifu Jr. once (well more than once but the last was "the last"), I will never allow myself to be near that man again.

martial arts is a world wide thing not something any one family or art owns and anyone who claims to be the one and only is a fool and a braggart and will eventually find someone who is better than they are....

My Verdict:
    Shou Shu - another made up melange.

I respect Da Shifu Al Moore Sr.'s memory because he had skill proven and I value the many lessons I had from him personally but that is no more and I will move on.

My advice is pick an art and study it to the fullest extent of your personal ability you can do no more and can only win from this effort.
    Eric ԿԬ

Originally posted by smogwax

I was at a camp with Da Shifu Jr. once (well more than once but the last was "the last"), I will never allow myself to be near that man again.

martial arts is a world wide thing not something any one family or art owns and anyone who claims to be the one and only is a fool and a braggart and will eventually find someone who is better than they are....

What happened? Did he touch you innapropriately? Just kidding.

You are right - MAs are a personal thing and no-one can claim to own it. I think the most important thing for MAists to learn is that there is always someone better than you.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Thats probably what bothered me most about shou shu. They claimed to be better than everyone else. The importance of the history is debatable, but they certaintly can't say they are the greatest martial art in history.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Even Musashi was eventually killed in a duel.

There is no greatest style or greatest fighter. Yum Yeong.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Red face

joedoe.....

LMAO !!!

no it was his style of teaching and his overall angry demeanor... (ofcourse this is just my perception)

Yeah the whole best art/most effective thing is very personal I have decided and anything else is a marketing gimmick

anyway....

Train Hard !!
    Eric ԿԬ

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Originally posted by Serpent
    Even Musashi was eventually killed in a duel.
    What's your source on that? All records I've read state that he died of illness, at the age of 61.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Turbo,
    Why? if you are having a positive experience then enjoy it. If you really want to know send me an email...
    ~eric
    Eric ԿԬ

Smogwax and Turbo

Maybe the two of you can answer this for me, what PREVIOUS experience in MA does Da Shifu Ralph Moore have?? Like I stated in a earlier post, I had taken the "introductory" classes and had Shifu Clark work with me. He had mentioned Ralph Moore studying another art, do either of you know what this art is? How long he studied for in this art? What rank he achieved? (yes your honor, this line of questioning is leading somewhere)

A little of topic, but anyone know the thread that had a list of "how to avoid a bad martial arts school" or something to that effect? Had a list of TEN things to watch out for! I remembered when looking into this school, Moore's hit about 8 out of the 10 on that list!!!!!
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:13 PM.

I bet they were. I'm sure that Shou Shu was not their first and ONLY art to study. I'm asking because Shifu Clark had told me what it was and what he thought of it and it struck me rather odd.

Again, can you name the art and to what degree he aquired?

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:14 PM.

I was just asking what style did Da Shifu Ralph study and what rank did he achieve before studying Shou Shu! This was information that Shifu Clark had told me. Reason I'm asking is he said that this art (not shou shu) was less effective as shou shu, too many wasted movements, stances made you stand in a way that was not normal for the human body and would put you in a disadvantage in a fight. When he told me this, made me wonder what the he!! he was talking about.