Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Shou Shu - real or another made-up melange?

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Who are you talking to here?
    Eric ԿԬ

His imaginary friend?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Shou Shu is the fighting art of the Mandarin warlords who have been the ruling class throughout China's history.

I got this from the front page of this thread and somehow managed not to read the whole **** thing. My question is - didn't Shou Shu originate in the lowly south? If so why would it be an art used by Mandarin Warlords?

What I think is funny is first, the snotty blowhard from shou shu who first posted, talking down to everybody about how complete, perfect, and devastating his style was, followed by, later, that link to a shou shu school that had OVERTLY incorporated BJJ into the curriculum (don't have the link on hand, but it was the one that sparked the discussion about the Royce Gracie training network).

The arrogant, dismissive attitude of "soke dai uber shunshifu" contrasted against the apparent insecurity about grappling (why else would they add BJJ to their mix, unless they saw a weakness? Obviously, it couldn't be because the Gracie name ensures more students--they would never do anything for commercial reasons I'm sure) is hilarious.

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:17 PM.

I only took the "introductory classes" and decided after the classes and hearing what I heard, and not finding anything to stop then!! So not very long. I did however frequent Moore's message board when it was up and running.
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:18 PM.

I studied Hung Gar almost a year.

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:19 PM.

turbo,
    "style of many" perhaps in middle America but not in China, "stuck on history" you've provided no verifiable proof of any history whatsoever. You've simply evaded some point blank questions, provide some proof. There is a lot of writteh nistory about styles like Baji, Hop Ga, Yang Taiji, etc... that were taught to ruling classes & their guards.

The thread was questioning the history & claim of being a Chinese martial art, one of which most on this board have never heard of. Shou Shu & the Moores have all the earmarks of a 'Temple Kung Fu' & Olaf Simon. Shou Shu, might be a good self defense system, it might give a good workout, etc... and if you enjoy good for you, but it is not a Chinese martial art, end of discussion. Unless you can provide some proof as to the history then as the thread originally suggested it is a made up melange.

I will say one thing the senior Moore had that whole Count Dante look nailed down.

It wasn't so much that I was comparing the two, but that fact that he tried to put down an art that has been proven effective, and saying how this art was so much better than that one, didn't sit well with me.

For all I know Shou Shu IS the best Martial arts out there. But why keep it so secret?? Why charge someone to see if they like it or not?? If I had not had any background in MA before, I might have stuck with it, but I didn't like all the secrecy and the grandious story that was behind it all. It really made it sound "cult" like. Especially with the camps!! I am not knocking Shou Shu, like I said, IT'S NOT FOR ME!!!!!

I had also meet someone that had fought against and seeing a Shou Shu artist in action, this person has been studying MA for 30 years. He gave me a bit of information, and told me to do my OWN research, and come to my OWN conclussion!! And that's what I did.

So if you want to stick Da StickFu Clark and Shou Shu, go right ahead, that's YOUR business!! I hope you can kick my a$$ to show me that it hasn't been a waste of your time and MONEY and they actually do teach something worthy of being called a Martial Art!!

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:19 PM.