Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Shou Shu - real or another made-up melange?

Turbo76,

Again you are taking what I'm saying the WRONG way! I did not say that Shou Shu sucked compared to Hung Gar, or any other MA for that matter. I wasn't even pi$$ed!! I was a bit taken aback because he said that Hung Gar wasn't PRATICAL compared to Shou Shu. Ok I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but has he studied Hung Gar to make these comparisons?? Or is he just mimicking what the founders SON told him, because he took some Hung Gar lesson's and is now back teaching daddies Shou Shu?!?!!?

Maybe you were there when I DID ask those questions!?? I did ask Shun Shifu Clark how Shou Shu was different from Hung Gar, answer..."you will see how much different when you become more advanced!!" Sureeeee...after I spend $85-100 a month for lessons, just to find out I wasn't studying what I THOUGHT I was studying!!

Again, I'm sure that Sho Shu has somethings to offer, and it could be for all I know a good MA system, just NOT FOR ME!!! Because I tried out TKD or Karate, does that mean because I didn't study those arts for more than a couple of lessons it's not an effective art and I say it sucks?!?! NO WAY!! Just not my cup of tea, just like Shou Shu didn't suit me either!!

Again, good luck with your studying of Shou Shu and I hope it's everything you want it to be.
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:22 PM.

turbo,
    no worries, be careful and train hard...
    Eric ԿԬ

Smogwax: Did you get a chance to check out that link I sent you or give Sifu a call?? Just curious!!

Turbo76: No worries dude! Everyone who is pationate about their art will defend it when it comes under scrutiny, only natural. I wish you success in your training.

kungfuyou.. so the link didn't work the day I tried and I planned on checking it out later this weekend. (busy work week and the like
    Eric ԿԬ

hmmmm

I just tried it and it worked. Try this link

Your profile says your in Rancho Cordova, only about 10 miles (from Rancho to school address) via mapquest.com. Could be more or less depending on your home address.

PM me or email me if you have any more questions.

peace~~

Hey that one worked... Very cool, being a web developer my first thought is to help there but a lack of web design is compensated by straight forward information without and BS I will have to check it out, I am interested in expanding my knowledge of eskrima as well...
    Eric ԿԬ

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:23 PM.

So this is the new school? Where is it located at?? Why no more www.shoushu.com? Why did they change the website to www.shengchikungfu.com? Looks like it's going to be a nice facility!!!

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:24 PM.

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:25 PM.

seen those links already before... but it was a long time ago
    no forgetting the yellow and black gis

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

lol, yeah those were some funny vids

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:25 PM.

The way the attacker(perhaps the most unintimidating "punk" ever filmed ) lamely sticks his right arm with right foot forward, the left arm hanging limp down by his side, he's standing too far away to have hit the karate uniform guy even if he didn't defend himself one bit. Then karate guy throws out 6- 10 techniques(half seem to be to the arm in the dragon clip) while the attacker does nothing but gyrate around a bunch pretending like he's getting hit. It's freakin' hillarious

BTW I'm going by the original videoclips stored on my hard drive, not the choped up super shrunk gif images.