Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Shou Shu - real or another made-up melange?

Thanks dude. It's one of my favorites to.

Edit: not that anyone cares, but I heard Maynard was a purple belt in BJJ. Just thought that was kind of interesting.
    Last edited by shaolin kungfu; 12-10-2003 at 04:49 AM.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Da Shifu Sr. never learned techniques. he learned a block, then a kick, then a punch etc. then he learned how to flow from each block, or kick, or punch etc, to the next block, or kick, or punch etc.
    Those are techniques! Isn't that how everyone learns?
    Last edited by Brad; 12-10-2003 at 07:49 AM.

"Those are techniques.."Heh, heh. Yes they are, according to everyone except Shou Shu. Oh, uh, I mean...Kem/npo.

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    Thanks dude. It's one of my favorites to.

Edit: not that anyone cares, but I heard Maynard was a purple belt in BJJ. Just thought that was kind of interesting.
    He is. Actually, I think he may be brown by now, but I'm not sure. He trains with Gracie Torrance.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Tool Of The Trade

Maynard's a MA guy too. That kicks azz. Too bad he doesn't study a cool style like SD. Just bein' goofy guys...don't burn me at the freakin' stake.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Serious question to Shoe Shu (sp - sorry) players...

Do you practice full contact sparring?

If you do, do you actually USE the techniques you train?

Finally, do you practice any form of stand up grappling?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Last edited by turbo76; 06-02-2004 at 12:35 PM.

You know, you could just post some links to this stuff. This type of metaphorical language, while nice, doesn't say very much.

Why don't you try to actually give an example of actual technical theory and how it is trained?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

A cobra shifu is capable of hitting his opponent twelve or more times per second. Actually, it is more accurate to say six or more times per half second as the cobra shifu will rarely sustain an attack longer.
    C'mon, now. 12 hits/second? You sure your not advertising for Crash "Speed Man" Trujillo?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

who cares where it's from? It was just a string of crappy metaphores anyway. There wasnt any real explanation.

I'm also wondering why you would say a punch or block isnt a technique.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Hey Cerebus, we have'nt heard it for a while. You Know.

Thumbs up

good to see joedoe and everyone making good use of their time

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

KEM/NPO!!

i wasn't gonna post here....

seeing as how the point's been made, but...

I believe what the members of this 'style' do, much like those in Shaolin Do, Temple Kung Fu, and other bullsh!t schools do is what's referred to as an 'Ad Hoc Rescue' :

Psychologically, it is understandable that you would try to rescue a cherished belief from trouble. When faced with conflicting information, you are likely to mention how the conflict will disappear if some new assumption is taken into account. However, if there is no good reason to accept this saving assumption other than that it works to save your cherished belief, your rescue is an ad hoc rescue.
    Example:

Yolanda: If you take four of these tablets of vitamin C every day, you will never get a cold.
    Juanita: I tried that last year for several months, and still got a cold.
    Yolanda: Did you take the tablets every day?
    Juanita: Yes.
    Yolanda: Well, I'll bet you bought some bad tablets.

The burden of proof is definitely on Yolanda's shoulders to prove that Juanita's vitamin C tablets were probably "bad" -- that is, not really vitamin C. If Yolanda can't do so, her attempt to rescue her hypothesis (that vitamin C prevents colds) is simply a dogmatic refusal to face up to the possibility of being wrong.

kinda like what these Shou Shu cats are doing....good night
    In mildness is the strength of steel

Originally posted by turbo76

A cobra shifu is capable of hitting his opponent twelve or more times per second. Actually, it is more accurate to say six or more times per half second as the cobra shifu will rarely sustain an attack longer. But do not be fooled that because of the speed, the power is diminished. Every one of those strikes is a devastating blow. But together they are even more destructive in that they force the opponent into the next blow.

The chi of the cobra flows in small circles. It may enter the body in one place and exit another.

Like out your arse, maybe? because that's where it sounds like the rest of this stuff is coming from.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter