Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full contact gloveless CMA on CCTV!

Full contact gloveless CMA on CCTV!

I'm posting this on several boards so forget the copy and paste if you read it before. Links must be viewed in IE or they look like crap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any one of the first 5 links on this page are fights:

http://vsearch.cctv.com/tvsearch.jsp...9001;=&sn=1&t=

The next one is introductory stuff about the style. Might have some forms performances. I haven't watched that one yet.

Have fun kids.

More to come next week. They are highlighting a specific style each week. I can't wait untill the Baji freaks come out to play.

General introduction about the style. If you don't speak Chinese, it's just eye candy. Got some nice staged demos though:

http://vsearch.cctv.com/play.jsp?sto...20070307_1.wmv

Wuang Wen vs. Wang Yanpeng
    http://vsearch.cctv.com/play.jsp?sto...0070307_10.wmv

Goofy American Gladiator style challenge to continue:
    http://vsearch.cctv.com/play.jsp?sto...20070307_5.wmv

First fight of the show, Pan Jingzhi vs. Zhan Fuming:
    http://vsearch.cctv.com/play.jsp?sto...20070307_8.wmv

Another direct link. It's labeled the same as the first one but with a different address. I think it's a higlight. Just watched the beggining. Lots of slomos of cool moves that happened.:

http://vsearch.cctv.com/play.jsp?sto...20070307_7.wmv

p.s. Even though they say ".wmv" at the end, they are not direct download links. They are webpages with embedded video.

it no working
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

those are fun to watch.

i like how the matches start with a blast of inferno fire
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

so i dont speak chinese, so i dont know rules.

but it seems no head shots allowed?

either that or no one there remembers the head can give you KO
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

I guess if you aren't allowed to hit in the head, your kung fu can look like kung fu.

Some of those attacks seemed a little....rehearsed...though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

yep.

i did like that they started in a closed position
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

lkfmdc,

I'm working on getting them up onto youtube but I'm kind of busy today. The file format is tricky and the embedded video when pulled out of my internet cache wouldn't play so it's taking some effort to turn them into regular old .mov files. Expect youtube clips in a couple days.

MasterKiller,

That and the bareknuckle thing. I think the bareknuckles shape it more though but the BIGGEST reason is that they are not competitions between different styles. Each week they are going to highlight a style and people from different branches of the same style compete. This week was Wuzuquan (aka 5 Ancestor Fist). Don't know what next week's will be.

PangQuan,

Yeah. No head shots. Much worse is I was just informed yesterday that they have chest protectors hidden under those costumes which makes me very sad. I guess it's a start. It still makes me pretty excited to see that this is even happending and apparently being supported by the powers that be (aka the CCP) in China.

I'll have the first youtube clip up in a bit unless my connection fails (which it tends to do.) otherwise youtube clips will have to wait untill I get back from work this evening.

Looks like y'all gonna have to wait till tommorow. Youtube rejected my clip because it was too long (11:34) and that means I'd have to trim it down a bit and then re-upload and I don't have time for that this morning. I'll get them all up over the weekend though.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 03-08-2007 at 04:10 PM.

Now that I can actually see this.....

It looks completely staged... ie FAKE
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The third one was a little better. It didn't look as staged as the first two.

Granted, they can't go for too much contact. They should at least go with some MMA gloves.

Its a start........

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    sorry, i don't think it's a start even.

if not fully rehearsed then at least everyone is 'accomodating' especially if they are the same style. 'oh, yeah, I know what he's doing...and here's my traditional response to it...'

there was one move right at :58 that looked like a part of our ling babu lian hua...

...ripe for front leg sweeps, too
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

i did like the one where the guy went flying like 6 feet or more from a push heel kick.

that looked fun

its definately entertaining.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Now that I can actually see this.....

It looks completely staged... ie FAKE
    Agreed.

...the new WWE of "TCMA"...

(my 2cents)
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

whoever thinks this is cool or entertaining should be executed with a baseball bat.

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

All the flash looked staged or atleast ran threw a few times to give the fighters a idea.
    Most of the other stuff looked kinda like slap and push practice.