Thread: OT: Lead singer of band Boston dies

OT: Lead singer of band Boston dies

I remember seeing them at Madison Square Garden back when I was in high school. That first album still blows me away. RIP Brad Delp.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Well I'm takin' my time, I'm just movin' on
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    And I take what I find, I don't want no more
    It's just outside of your front door.

R.I.P Brad

I rocked a lot to that group.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I was starting to get out of the regular rock genre at that time but Boston dragged me back in. That was a really fresh sound and the man could sing.

On another note, Eddie Van Halen is finally in rehab. A great talent drinking himself to death.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Too clean of a sound for me. The one thing I remember is that they put out that first album then nothing for years.

VanHalen? Dam! I thought he was about dead with throath cancer.

Unhappy

I think I was a freshman in HS when the first album ( what are they called now ) came out. Man that was a bad azz cover on it too. It was a guitar shaped UFO. EVERY song on it rocked. Alas, by my senoir year, the second came out and sounded too much as a rehash of the first. The third wasn't much better,if I recall correctly.
    You know, no one had that sound
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

the band rocked and it is a sad passing.

Boston did have a great debut album -- I think it's at around 17 million sold and definitely one of the best selling debut albums ever.

Brad was definitely a great singer who continued to make music and perform until the day he died, so you can say he definitely stuck with his passions.

I have alot of respect for Boston's guitarist, Tom Scholtz. Very intelligent guy -- graduated from MIT with a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, formed his own firm and eventually made over 20 patents in the field of mechanical and electrical design. He eventually sold his business line to Dunlop, but many people don't realize that he basically spearheaded the modern guitar sound via analog signal processing. All of the DOD, BOSS, and Digitech pedals and effects processors came about due to his pioneering work.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

I remember that Boston was working on their follow up when the tapes were ruined in a flood or something, and it set them back years. Never understood why.

Li Kao, Scholtz is definably a genius that changed the entire stomp box industry. I remember the Power Soak (wanted one) and the Rockman practice "amp" (had one).
    He wasn't a technically great guitarist but I was blown away by how he mixed super distorted guitars with clean acoustics in some of those songs like Peace of Mind. Every time I pick up an acoustic that's still one of the first things that I play.

BoulderDawg, Van Halen had just announced a summer tour with Roth.

DM

They were ahead of thier time with that first album, such a distinct sound. Did you guys ever hear Brads other band? Orion the Hunter, check it out if you can find it......not too bad

more than a feeling

Rocker Brad Delp's death was suicide.
    By Associated Press Writer | March 14, 2007
    CONCORD, N.H. --The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said Wednesday his death was a suicide.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan.

Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters because they were sealed.
    Props to David Lee Roth. He had a decent tornado kick in his day. If Van Halen successfully reunites with Roth, I'll have to check that out.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Unhappy RIP Brad.

was saddened to hear of that news.

Gonna hitch a ride
    Head for the other side
    Leave it all behind
    Never change my mind
    Gonna sail away
    Sun lights another day
    Freedom on my mind
    Carry me away for the last time
    Oh yeah

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Brad delp was in a cover local (boston, m.a.) band for the beatles called beatle juice. my drum teacher is/was the drummer for that band. They played small venues that always sold out.I don't like the beatles but they sounded just like them.

R.I.P. Brad Delp.