Thread: Looking for "The Honor of Dongfang Xu" move

8circlepalms Guest

Looking for "The Honor of Dongfang Xu" move

Heard that it has Ba Gua in it and would like to see it.
    Has anyone seen it? What do you think of the ba gua in it?
    Where can I get a copy of it?

WongFeHung Guest
    I had it, lent it to a former Sifu, never aw it again-****.I love that movie, esspecially the part when he cracks the sidewalk

devere Guest
    It was available through High View Publications. This is their address:

High View Publications
    PO Box 51967
    Pacific Grove, CA 93950
    831-655-2990 or try
    408-655-2990 - not sure which area code is correct.

Also - you may want to try http://www.plumflower.com/ Give the guy a call and ask him. He's always been very friendly and helpful to me

blacktaoist Guest

Baguazhang movie

I have that movie, Its not all that! the best movie is masters of wudang it's in chinese. Its about chen tai chi vs Baguazhang, the action is off the hook! But if you want the first movie, that movie is not hard to find if you live in New York. They sell that move on 42 street and 8 ave. there are many little stores on 8 ave that sell kung fu movies. Also another good movie that have Baguazhang in it is holy robe of shaolin. peace

8circlepalms Guest

Thanks for the feedback

David, I'll definately contact plumflower press and see if they still have it.

blacktaoist, Thanks for the other two movies. There is a chinese video store here Orlando Florida so I'll definately see if they have either the masters of wudang or holy robe of shaolin. I hear the movie the one coming out will have it, but from what I've read it won't be that good.

jun_erh Guest
    holy robe of shaolin is also known as "Shaolin and Wutang 2: Wu Tang invasion" as part of the infamous Wu Tang series. It is widely available. Some one mentioned masters of Wudang, is that the same as Undaunted Wu Dang?

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Does anybody know the Chinese title for those movies?

blacktaoist Guest

Jun-erh

I can see you are not a hardcore kung fu movie lover like myself LoL
    Holy robe of shaolin is about the taoist school vs the shaolin school, in this movie the guy from the taoist school use nothing but bagua circle walking fighting techniques (kua's) when he fighting the shaolin monk.

The movie you are talking about, shaolin and wutang, also known as shaolin vs wutang, is about the bagua sword vs the shaolin phoenix eye fist, the action is off the hook.

The daunted wu dang is a movie about bagua and Hsing I fighter vs karate fighters from japan the movie is about a chinese woman that learns bagua from a taoist in the emei mountains.

Masters of wu dang is about a bagua dragon style master fighting a chen style master, this movie is all action, the movie is non english, i got my copy of this video, when i was in china. They may sell it in the U.S. now.

other movies that have bagua in it is, Bron Invincible. This movie is about a taoists that learn tai and bagua as a kid. as he becomes a man he stir up a fight with a kung fu school and wants to kill all the sudents.
    peace blacktaoist

razakdigital Guest

Good explanation

That was a good explanation (not to be bias) When I started learning Pa Kua I thought also that "The Honor of Dongfang Xu" was the "Pa Kua". Once I've seen these other movies I knew it was not true. In fact I have a copy of "Masters of Wudang" and believe me when I say you see Pa Kua. When TBT first showed me a little clip on a Sat night I had put down my down payment to get my copy!!! I wasn't playing any games!!! Not in one scence but in various scences. You see forms and you see it in application... You see women fighting and men. It's the best movie by far...

Eight Diagram Boxer Guest

masters of wudang

Any idea where to get it other than buying it in China?

razakdigital Guest

Where to get the movie

I don't know where TBT got it from but we sell it on our website. In New York you can find everything so check some stops on 42nd street.

phipsi229 Guest
    Razak, what is your website?

We here in the midwest lack the cultural diversity of NY so we have to rely on Best Buy, Suncoast and the internet for our kung fu movie fixes.

Thanks

"Lord, what fools these mortals be."