Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the cost of learning

$100-$150/month depending on your chosen contract option. This was for BJJ/Boxing/MT/sub-wrestling for up to 11 hrs/day (9am-9pm minus lunch time for the staff) 5 days a week and open mats for a few hrs on Saturday.

Kung fu school prior to that I was paying $160/month for 4 hrs of private lessons a month. I had to take private lessons because I was living 80 miles away and couldn't make it in time for group classes after work. So he kept the place open for me and would have different guys from the group classes stay late to spare with me. Normal group price was $75/month.

Personally I think while the MMA places charge more, when you look at the time available its no comparison. Not to mention they tend to have better facilities and more available equipment/willing sparring partners. That being said if I could manage to drive 100+ miles to see my old Hung Kuen sifu with this economy I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Oh and I was rolling day one in BJJ. Personally as good as our coach was I always learned more from the blues/purples I would go with. They're the ones that actually torture you and then tell you how not to have it happen next time. But I was lucky to have some really cool guys to train with.

$30 a month BJJ in Anasco. Learning from a high purple belt student of Flavio Bearing, who will be here for a tournament and seminar next week.

$5 for life, boxing in Isabela.