Thread: OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Ugh. You'd think a show honoring rock would make sure that the sound system was good and the bands sounded BIG. I think the only person on the stage that could still rock with a bit of fire was Patti Smith.

And daym has everybody gotten old. I remember meeting Nedra from the Ronnettes back in the late 70's, nice lady and pretty, but now she looks like my granny. I better check the mirror to see how I'm holding up.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i heard van halen was honored but the only two people who showed up aren't in the band any more...and eddie is in rehab.

my only question was: What's Valerie doing?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I Like What Dave Navarro had to say about it.

"Every time I hear of a band being inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of Fame, I am always amazed that they aren't in there already. Like last year's Black Sabbath induction. I mean... Who the fuck IS in there anyway? As for VH... It's about time!"

bwahahahaha.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

velvet revolver destroyed their VH cover!! I was cringing it was so bad, the music was horrible and the vocals were even worse. I don't get that band at all and it was bad, if I were Anthony or Hagar I would have stormed the stage and grabbed the mic from that writhing fool and did the song myself.... it was shameful.

it would have been better if cherone was in there singing!! lol
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    i heard van halen was honored but the only two people who showed up aren't in the band any more...and eddie is in rehab.

my only question was: What's Valerie doing?
    With Eddie it's called spindry.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    With Eddie it's called spindry.
    alex didn't show up because eddie wasn't there. Dave didn't show up because he thought the band should be playing live not velvet revolver. I'm sorry but wolfgang isn't vanhalens bass player, michael anthony is and that's why he was there. As for sammy well they made good music with him as well so you can make a case for him being there.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

Cool Hall of What!?,..lol'

I live near Cleveland , and my wife and I have been there a few times. It has some pretty cool stuff',...but their induction strategy isn't logical, or consistent! Their format of displays is usually pretty good,...but, it's kinda' like a 'glorified' Hard Rock Cafe' without the good food! Li Ma-Keh

Well I don't live in ohio any more so I can't go as much as I used to but I would always check out the new exibits. I really liked the elvis one and the who tommy one.

I went to the Hall two years ago during a kung fu gathering in Ohio. I thought it was great! Good way to spend a cold rainy day.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

yep',..it's cool

The best exhibits that I've seen so far were,..."John Lennon",(by Yoko),...The Rolling Stones,(TONS of stuff'),....The Who,(some great smashed guitar pieces by Pete'),...and the last one I saw about 8months ago,.."Jimi Hendrix"!,(they had a section set-up like Jimi's parents' living-room,..old' couch, lamp, Marshall amp in the corner')! Don't get me wrong,...whenever I'm in Cleveland I'ld go in a heart-beat',...it's just not what most of us old' Rockers expected when they were hyping it before it opened,..lol'. Li Ma-Keh