Thread: Too Inactive to be a Diswasher...But I've Done Kung-Fu

Hybrid View

Holy ****, I come back to visit the board and it's No_Know! I thought you didn't post here anymore. I didn't really read your thread, I just saw you name and wanted to say hi.

How much does dishwashing pay?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I've done Dishwashing for $5 or so--a weekend job over ten years ago. But this Interview was for a restaurant at $8.50-ish to start.

Nice to see~ you too. I am glad that you said, "Hi."~
    Last edited by No_Know; 03-15-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Adding remark and spell correct and a word add.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

at my dishwashing job we use a dish machine. do they have those there?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I'm told that they have a machine for that.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Nice to 'see' you around No_Know!

(Was 'Mat' on this forum before)
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    man, I've missed you, No_Know. Maybe if you hang around this place will get back to normal.

and, dayum, I had not figured out that Mr. Punch was Mat...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    It isactulally perfect for my type of Self-development and I like to find the Kung-Fu in the work I do.
    in my youth I started working as a groundskeeper at a historical place. I had only been doing kung fu for a year or two but the basic attitude towards my training immediately became apparent with the mowing, cutting and raking involved with caring for a 200 year old estate with 200 year old oak trees. (alas, as of the last visit a few months back, there is just one remaining of the 100 oaks planted when the house was built. Eerily enough, it's the one planted in the middle of the 200 year old family graveyard )

flash forward 10 years and I'm working in a bookstore and happen across the title "Chop wood, carry water"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0874...49#reader-link

i was like, 'huh' and picked it up and started reading it...and put it down going 'oh, ok...i figured that out already'....

it's there, right there...perception, or lack there of, is the issue.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    and, dayum, I had not figured out that Mr. Punch was Mat...
    Strange, I must have missed all the 'Where's Mat' threads...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan