Thread: Too Inactive to be a Diswasher...But I've Done Kung-Fu

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Too Inactive to be a Diswasher...But I've Done Kung-Fu

I went to a job (dishwasher) interview today--within half an hour or so ago. The manager I was going to meet was asked for but I ended-up with another. I get told it's a lot of work-sort of thing. I am in black slacks (ironed), white dress shirt (buttoned to the top), shaved and shampooed hair (riesed,comed and air-dried). Would a dingy T-shirt, work boots and stained jeans have made a better impression?

I got asked in passing what do I do? (suggestion find out how your answer will be applied so that you give an answer better suited to what they are trying to find/figure/feel out). Also, Pause! I have projects working with a Record label, I have appointments to drive morning afternoon and night, I diligently practiced Hung/Shao-Lin/Animal/ Drunken types of Kung-Fu from books since I was eight to twenty something, and I have a form of Self Development called Squirrel which has a founding basis from DIShWaShing, I practice Breathing, study non-touch pain-reduction/flexibility-increase by some thing I have I call Hands-Over...

I get told it looks bleak might be in two weeks...If I played soccer and was in three bowling leagues that would be a different story. I thought saying I have done Kung-Fu when I was younger might save it. But I got the impression that the Manager's mind was made-up and desperate says just look bad with no good effect. It's like, ask about the job. What can you tell me that shows me you can handle the activity. It's repetitive, involves a lot of standing and is hard work...(thought, I have experience with Kung-Fu). I would like to think I would have done well. It isactulally perfect for my type of Self-development and I like to find the Kung-Fu in the work I do. My thoughts go on-ish. Bottom line (Really go see the bottom line).

I'm an idealistic book Kung-Fu person. Do not Kill. Do not hurt others. Do not show you know Kung-Fu...when I was younger people seemed to think of me as kind of unable and surprised to even think I did Kung-Fu like, You!? I might even be considered to be insulted.

There's concepts I have also but there's Feelings too. In Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel being Hurt and feeling Hurt is vulnerability-place. If you look back you could have moved on quicker with basically no loss. Then initially understand that you do not Have to hurt--it's a programmed response and not requried/useful but for so long. Writing/recalling that I am feeling better, less down...

My name in Improvisation(al Theatre) class at Living Stage that Summer was Ernie Kung-Fu. I've been associated with Kung-Fu Most of my living and pretty-much used it All of my living. It was my first branching into Chinese as culture and language. I learned my moving and others moving, perceptions of motions and stillnesses, the workings of the Human body and developing it. Humility and kindess/consideration of others were fostered~...I like Kung-Fu as I understood it.

The experience and thinking goes into the database. As for me...Perfection in Progress.

I No_Know

It was helpful to think this out--write. Whatever you get out of whatever, whatever whatever. Be well enough.

...exhale--Ernie Moore Jr.'s Kung-Fu, Squirrel-Da Mo-No_Know very good...
    Last edited by No_Know; 03-14-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typos, misspellings
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Have you considered practicing with dishes at home? If you do this once or twice a day, when a future employer asks what your hobby is, you can tell him/her that you practice washing dishes in order to keep up your skills. That will surely make a better impression. How could they refuse to employ a dishwasher who likes washing dishes so much that he does it in his spare time?

Blog Entries
    I mentioned that washing dishes was something I'd done all my life referencing at home type thing.

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Holy ****, I come back to visit the board and it's No_Know! I thought you didn't post here anymore. I didn't really read your thread, I just saw you name and wanted to say hi.

How much does dishwashing pay?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Blog Entries
    I've done Dishwashing for $5 or so--a weekend job over ten years ago. But this Interview was for a restaurant at $8.50-ish to start.

Nice to see~ you too. I am glad that you said, "Hi."~
    Last edited by No_Know; 03-15-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Adding remark and spell correct and a word add.

at my dishwashing job we use a dish machine. do they have those there?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    I'm told that they have a machine for that.

I No_Know

Nice to 'see' you around No_Know!

(Was 'Mat' on this forum before)
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    man, I've missed you, No_Know. Maybe if you hang around this place will get back to normal.

and, dayum, I had not figured out that Mr. Punch was Mat...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

It isactulally perfect for my type of Self-development and I like to find the Kung-Fu in the work I do.
    in my youth I started working as a groundskeeper at a historical place. I had only been doing kung fu for a year or two but the basic attitude towards my training immediately became apparent with the mowing, cutting and raking involved with caring for a 200 year old estate with 200 year old oak trees. (alas, as of the last visit a few months back, there is just one remaining of the 100 oaks planted when the house was built. Eerily enough, it's the one planted in the middle of the 200 year old family graveyard )

flash forward 10 years and I'm working in a bookstore and happen across the title "Chop wood, carry water"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0874...49#reader-link

i was like, 'huh' and picked it up and started reading it...and put it down going 'oh, ok...i figured that out already'....

it's there, right there...perception, or lack there of, is the issue.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    and, dayum, I had not figured out that Mr. Punch was Mat...
    Strange, I must have missed all the 'Where's Mat' threads...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Mat from Japan?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

That's the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Strange, I must have missed all the 'Where's Mat' threads...
    lol...just goes to show...sometimes pulling a Tom Sawyer doesn't pay off

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    My first job, no-second job-first one was in a lumber yard-anyway, first job,right?
    ok, was washing dishes. It was in an Italian Resteraunt, and I also did deliveries. One of the chefs was a fat old man, the other a skinny,chain-smoking older guy-former bodybuilder-he kept old creased pics of himself in his younger days in his wallet, which he would pull out every time a girl walked in.
    My Kung-Fu came in handy in that place. I developed the ability to withstand very hot water-which is part of many iron palm training techniques. I also developed the ability to chuck a ball of pizza dough far enough to clear the fence of the homes that were in the back of the parking lot...all the way into their pools.
    I also learned that although pepperoni came tied together in pairs, you could not swing them like nunchakus...for very long.
    I also learned the phrase,'Yo. You gonna eat dat?" when someone didn't eat all their baked clams, or lobster.
    My advice to you, is try to get that job. There is no substitute for life experience.