Thread: What can I expect?

What can I expect?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so I guess a bit of background is fair to start off with. My training (as an adult anyway) began with wing chun which I practised for 18 months before moving to a new area. I then began training in bujinkan ninjutsu as I couldn't find wing chun in my new town. I have since found a wing chun school to train at so for about the last four years I have done both and am still enjoying them. My question relates to JKD though. I've just recently been told about an impact JKD school nearby which I was considering trying out. I know the only way to tell if its for me is to just go and try it which I will but I was wondering if anyone here trains with/knows about this organisation and could let me know what to expect from them. What I am hoping for is pretty "alive" training with conditioning and realitively hard sparring. Any comments anyone?

Thanks

Well whats the name of the school and who are the teachers?

strike!

Hi, Its ImpactJKD which I believe is a JKD organisation with various schools in different locations. This particular school is based in Peterlee, in England. I was wondering if people knew of this organisation and what it was like as a whole.

http://www.impactjkd.co.uk/

Not sure if thats the same org, but they look like a standard Dan Inosanto JKD concepts gig.

No way to answer your other questions without actually training with them. Conditioning and sparring should be in line with thai and boxing.

strike!

Thanks, I knew I couldnt expect specific info with what i had put up there. I do like to be more specific when I can but as all I knew of them was that they existed I didnt have much to go on. You've been helpfull with what you had to go on thhough

The above video:

Appears to be Phase I students demonstrating Phase I drills.

Phase I is a basic mix of drills from many arts to suit many people.

Putting on the skirts for the silat and sashes for the kali is cute.

Seems odd to not include any thai pads. Those guys dont look like they do many thai rounds. The video also lacked any real demonstration of any real boxing.

Beginners are not always the best way to showcase your school/family/system. The video is probably not a good measure of what you may find at the school. If those are senior students, I would not train there.

strike!