View Poll Results: Where should mma threads go?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • jkd forum

2 4.76%
  • mma forum

26 61.90%
  • if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

14 33.33%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA threads

MMA threads

should we move them to the JKD or MMA forums, or should they stay here?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i say leave it here. a lot of people interested in MMA may or may not visit the JKD section

or rename it

JKD/MMA

or start MMA section

but in the kungfu section it usually does stimulate a lot of conversation.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

yeah, I say leave it. I believe that the natural evolution of kung fu really is MMA anyway.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I know they're not gonna start an mma section right now. that's why I don't have it as an option. I actually like having them here, but I think we may be able to drive more traffic to one of the other two forums this way, as they get considerably less.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally the other forums were created to unjamb this one. If it's not jambed, there is no need for a new forum, so leave them here.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Oh Snap

If we rename it the JKD/MMA Forum, we would have a very cool place to discuss both the Way of the Intercepting Fist, the specific martial formulation of Bruce Lee, the concepts he espoused/is given credit for, and the natural evolution of those concepts into MMA, then . . .

we'd have the most killer run-on sentence EVAR.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    If we rename it the JKD/MMA Forum, we would have a very cool place to discuss both the Way of the Intercepting Fist, the specific martial formulation of Bruce Lee, the concepts he espoused/is given credit for, and the natural evolution of those concepts into MMA, then . . .

we'd have the most killer run-on sentence EVAR.
    thats what i was thinking!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

How about just disallow any discussion of MMA on the forum? That would be easy.

And while we're at it, require everybody to go through a character training course and buy a Kung Fu Magazine Forum uniform, pay up and join the association, and be ranked on grammar, spelling and online etiquette ... pay testing fees ... require a certain number of seminars and forum hours a year, community service, private lessons in posting with a moderator ... etc.

LOL

I Call Big Brother!!!
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

nothing wrong with mma threads, leave em. just get rid of the obvious trolling and so on.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I'd say leave it, too but...combine all of them into one thread and let it roll like the TTTGQG...just combine in any new ones that start...and tell the newbies to start at the top of the thread

There's not been a 'new' thread in years...just rehashing the same ol' stuff.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    How about just disallow any discussion of MMA on the forum? That would be easy.

And while we're at it, require everybody to go through a character training course and buy a Kung Fu Magazine Forum uniform, pay up and join the association, and be ranked on grammar, spelling and online etiquette ... pay testing fees ... require a certain number of seminars and forum hours a year, community service, private lessons in posting with a moderator ... etc.

LOL
    that's actually not a bad idea...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Buying in to KFM

Honestly, we'd be happy if every member just got a subscription. Then we could afford plenty of forums. The forum is somewhat of a lost leader - it costs the company to maintain it. However, the traffic and advertising potential are considerable, which is why I'm frequently plugging stuff like above.

We are considering an MMA forum, perhaps as an evolution to the JKD forum. It's a big undertaking because we'd want to move all the old threads about MMA to that forum, and certainly get more moderation there. Unfortunately, moving old threads is a hassle because it requires some archive work. But the JKD forum is a fossil from KFO and gets such scant traffic, so we are considering it. Right now, we're pretty bogged down with our 15th Anniversary Party plans, so we haven't been able to give this issue proper attention.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Make me a MOD!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    I think that posts that are BLATANTLY mma should go to a mma forum.