Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kimbo fights

i still like the http://www.vidilife.com/index.cfm?f=...21C-A&action=1 from boston. shows ya how tought those boston s.o.b's are. oh yeah mma events are now banned in boston :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Kimbo certainly has a mean uppercut on him. Aside from Boxing what is his background?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Vid didn't play for me.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    Vid didn't play for me.
    You can also find it here as well as the Boston fight.
    I hope this works for you....
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

I've been wondering, whats the "305" stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Apprentice
    I've been wondering, whats the "305" stand for?
    I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I heard it's the area code where Kimbo is from. In other words, South-East Florida (Dade county).
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

I'm from the"305". thats miami-dade.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Kimbo certainly has a mean uppercut on him. Aside from Boxing what is his background?

I thought I read somewhere that he had no training at all - his "boxing" is self taught.

"5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?

I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I’m working on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense from my days in the pen. That was Education 101. "

"11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?

I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters have been putting in their work for years. But they ain’t never been in the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can’t learn on the outside. I feel I’ll be ready for anyone within ten fights."
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

So he IS considering professional boxing? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    I thought I read somewhere that he had no training at all - his "boxing" is self taught.

"5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?

I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I’m working on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense from my days in the pen. That was Education 101. "

"11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?

I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters have been putting in their work for years. But they ain’t never been in the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can’t learn on the outside. I feel I’ll be ready for anyone within ten fights."

that interview was said to be fake. he was never in jail.

I lost respect for that dude. As soon as he lost position, as soon as he was in trouble, his boys come bail him out and break it up. Then they fight again? That's crazy. I would have taken the money and left.

He seems all legit fighting smaller guys. One guy his size not only can't he finish but his boys bail him out.... terrible. No honor.

it was a rules issue. The rules of that fight were to be no kicks and no submissions. They jumped in when gannon applied a choke...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

If he trained himself to go the distance, he could probably do some damage, he looks like he has the same problem Tyson had. To used to KO'ing ppl early on, that when it goes on longer than they are used to, they get pooped and stop.

Yes, unfortunately they didn't jump in when kimbo went for the single-leg, which then prompted Gannon to choke.