Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Kimbo fights

funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist.... I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

I really doubt anyone on this board can beat those guys with their rules.... if soo....I bet 1,000 bucks...

Most of us aren't even close to his weight class. So you'd be right about that.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GuSpeed View Post
    funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist....

define 'martial' and then define 'artist'...especially any of the physical arts (dance and the like) and tell me why he isn't.

I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

I really doubt anyone on this board can beat those guys with their rules.... if soo....I bet 1,000 bucks...

you're probably right...7* might have a shot...trying to think of anyone else big enough and in shape enough but I can't recall any...maybe B.Tunks but I think he's just light heavy...

I might have had a shot 5-7 years ago...
    ...but, now, unless I could poke his eyes out, rip out his trachea or kick him in the nads...he'd wipe me all over that brick patio.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by GuSpeed View Post
    funny thing is that even those guys aren't martial artist.... I think they can't pretty much knock the f out of anyone of us on this board...

There style is a simple one its the style known as hard a$$ mother fu**ers

Even if I was his size, the dudes head is like massively thick! I think the only way to win is to gas him.

Thats pretty much what happened with gannon.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    There style is a simple one its the style known as hard a$$ mother fu**ers
    yep...it's a relational equation

Your Abilitity to Damage = A

His Ability to Damage = B

Your Abilitity to absorb Damage = C

His Ability to Absorb Damage = D

If A is greater than B and D AND B is less than A and C then you win.

somebody smarter than me can fix that equation of course.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

He's big, and sometimes he shows some good technique, but he doesn't fight world class fighters. A less impressive (build) guy (Gannon?) took him down by wearing him down, fighting "safe". Kimbo fights dudes that come in flailing, or back down after taking a few punches, or drop hands, or fight stupid. A smart fighter could take him down, hard. Any heavyweight boxer would clean the floor up with his ass.

I admit, though. He's a scary dude, compared ot my skinny ass.

Tyson's still scarier. Hell, he's the scariest dude I've ever seen.

Plus, haven't you ever noticed that Kimbo almost always has the reach advantage in his fights? Oftentimes, it isn't even close. That is not a coincidence.

I'm always skeptical of these video streetfights. They present themselves in the most positive light they can. Throw him into a fighting league, where he can't pick his rival, and I'm sure the story will change drastically.
    Last edited by Kung Pao; 03-22-2007 at 10:37 PM.

http://www.fcfighter.com/news

March 20, 2007
    MERCER VS. KIMBO

Former Heavyweight Boxing Champ to Take on Kimbo Slice
    By Jim Genia

Kimbo Slice - Photo courtesy of Joe Cavallaro
    Kimbo
    (March 30th, New York City ) “Merciless” Ray Mercer, a former WBO heavyweight boxing champ and gold medalist in the 1988 Olympics, will take on bare-knuckle boxing and Internet legend Kimbo Slice in a three-round exhibition bout utilizing professional MMA rules at the Ca ge Fury Fighting Championship 5 show, said matchmaker Gary Marino today. Dubbed “Brawl at the Hall”, CFFC 5 will take place on June 16th at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey .

“I’m very, very excited,” said Marino. “I’ve been working on trying to get Kimbo a fight for the last year. He’s a great draw, and he’s got a huge following for his fights.” Marino added: “Ray Mercer was at the Cage Fury Fighting Championship 3 show and speculated that he’d like to try [MMA], and he called me a couple weeks ago asking me to get him a fight. It’s perfect for both guys, for their style and who they are. Kimbo’s a big banger and so is Mercer.”

Known for their heavy-hands and raw power, this will be the first time either man has fought under full MMA rules – though Slice purportedly has been training in the sport for some time now at Miami ’s Freestyle Fighting Academy . However, the former boxing champ, who lost his WBO belt to Wladimir Klitschko in 2002 before stepping into the ring for Japan’s K-1 promotion in 2004 and 2005, will likely enter the cage ready to defend the takedown should the need arise. Said Marino: “Ray Mercer told me he has a bit of a wrestling background, and he’s aware Kimbo has been training down in Florida . He’s been talking about MMA for a while now… so he’ll be prepared.”

With this bout, Mercer will become the highest-profile boxer to have taken the MMA plunge. “It’s very, very intriguing. I think it’s a fantastic fight,” said Marino. “Ray Mercer is definitely going to be the hardest hitter Kimbo has ever faced… I think if they both stand in front of each other, someone is definitely going to get knocked out.”

though Slice purportedly has been training in the sport for some time now at Miami ’s Freestyle Fighting Academy.
    Sooo... Kimbo is a Martial artist.

Well maybe not an artist so much as a Martialist.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 03-23-2007 at 12:07 AM.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Yeah... you should do that.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

his rules wouldnt allow it though, and its funny when he start slosing he resorts to tackling ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    maybe we just clone 7* and keep one around to throw at intruders
    And we can dress each one differently. There'd be a kung fu 7, an OG 7, a emo 7; the combinations are endless.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

yea, I've read Ayoob...still, I dunno...and I like the Hydrashok's as well.

when I used to have a 12ga I'd load 6 rounds Bird, 00, Slug, Bird, 00, slug

i figured that if the sound of the slide didn't stop them then they got 1 'get out of jail free card' with the birdshot and then the 00 and the slug to finish if they weren't all the way down.

maybe we just clone 7* and keep one around to throw at intruders
    I hadn't thought of the loading sequence like that. I don't know, though, If I have to shoot, then I'd rather feel confident it would stop the guy cold first.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I hadn't thought of the loading sequence like that. I don't know, though, If I have to shoot, then I'd rather feel confident it would stop the guy cold first.
    if he's within the distance of a room the birdshot is still grouped about chest size.

one of the things about the shotgun is supposedly you can load all birdshot for use inside a house and still get the knockdown power w/o wall penetration.