Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kimbo fights

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    YC - I agree that he has good stance, but one thing I noticed is that when in the thick of it, he seems to drop his head and crouch a bit, which makes him shorter (if you know what I mean). Doesn't necessarily impair him, but it makes a big difference in reach IMO.
    Kimbo has a nice "Tysonesque" style. Makes him more compact and harder to hit, but it doesn't shorten his reach.

No damage? Kimbo fvcked up that one dude's eye (Byrd?) in his first fight.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Not necessarily... if a taller guys knows how to use "bouncy" footwork along with jabs that keep the shorter guy away, it can be very effective. Neither of those guys used that strategy.
    Fair enough, Ali v Liston, a classic example. Ali v anybody, practically.

Kimbo knows his strength and he played to it. I have yet to see him go against someone who hits as hard. Gannon made it all messy and took away his "A" game.

I guess that's what strategy is all about, playing your "A" game, not his.

When I read Tug's post, I thought of Tyson as well. Reach is relative. Basic fact is, if he is close enough to hit you, you're close enough to hit him. Patience, patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    More likely, they go to ground because one guy grabs onto the other to keep from getting smashed and gravity takes over from there. (note: bad stance/footwork?)
    Fair point.

I'd also point out that these are bare-knuckle boxing matches, not MMA bouts or true street fights - no one's really attempting any sort of grappling, well or badly.

As an aside, this is the first time I've bothered to watch a Kimbo vid. He's better than I'd expected.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    Fair point.

I'd also point out that these are bare-knuckle boxing matches, not MMA bouts or true street fights - no one's really attempting any sort of grappling, well or badly.

As an aside, this is the first time I've bothered to watch a Kimbo vid. He's better than I'd expected.
    Yea, no grappling on the board, but you can see how it could happen from the way the opponents reacted under pressure, or?

First time seeing Kimbo? hahahahahah Yea, you wouldn't wanna bite of a hunk of than now would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    First time seeing Kimbo? hahahahahah Yea, you wouldn't wanna bite of a hunk of than now would you?
    To my credit, I take a dive better than Afro-boy. He might just graze me, but I'd look *really* ****ed up.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LeeCasebolt View Post
    Fair point.

Too true, and going to the ground on the street is NO fun.

My aside? I've seen more than a few of his fights, and honestly, it seems to me that his standup is improving.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Does anyon have a link to Kimbo's fight with Gannon?

I've never seen these fights before yesterday, I just happened upon the thread.

Big Bad Muther F*cker!

Please post the link if you have it. Checked YOUTUBE but I didn't come up with any fight of his with Gannon.

Peace

Gannon was selling the DVDs of the fight at one point, so they were quick to squelch online leaks.

EDIT--
    Typed it into Google.

http://www.break.com/index/downgoeskimbo.html

I can't see the link (blocked from work), but I think it's the right url.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-07-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Holy Crap!

That was some brawl! I couldn't tell from the video; the extent of the damage that Kimbo took, but it was clear that Gannon took a face full! And that guy didn't give up, Holy Sh1t!!

Either way, two super-tough individuals, very entertaining.

Thanks for posting the clip.

New Kimbo fight (vs. white guy) *vid*

Here. Cheap shot ftl.

Gore warning at end.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Goes to show, if you're gonna hit somebody, hit them hard.

Agression don't mean squat if you can't hurt the guy when you land the punches.

good vid ... i really thought it was gonna be a repeat, but then i was like nah iron fist wouldnt play me like that.

where's the gore though? err wait im on the wrong forum
    where's my beer?

Has anyone beat kimbo yet?
    Always learning

Quote Originally Posted by Donkwoon View Post
    Has anyone beat kimbo yet?

the Sean guy from boston has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.