Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't sleep...

More than 30% of the population suffers from insomnia.

Between 40% and 60% of people over the age of 60 suffer from insomnia.

I've got a book on chinese medicine that suggests putting an onion in a jar and inhaling it for 10 minutes whilst in bed for insomnia! Doesn't sound like it will work but it must comes from some folk remedy.

My mother has insomnia and she tried acupuncture which put her to sleep during the treatment, but otherwise wasn't that effective. But it might help if you have it often.

There are prescrition drugs that will forcefully knock you out but they are probably not to be recommended. I'd try chinese herbal medicine personally.

There is a meditation method where the mind focusses on a zero point then nothingness which puts you to sleep. No concentration on mental activity, breathing, or anything. The aim is to try and transcend the mind, body, thinking, space everything. If you do it properly you will probably go to sleep.

The other thing I found helpful is practising tai chi or training at a ridiculously late hour . I use to try and train till fairly late at night and always found myself lying asleep on the training space. that should probably help unless your insomnia is extreme.

**** that should have been posted on the insomnia thread.