Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: when a utopia fails

when a utopia fails

This is what you live with when you are a subject and not a citizen. Maybe the UK should get around to banning children, I mean anyone can see how well it has worked out for them since banning firearms and now knives.

Fingerprinting children, massive dna bank, mandatory id cards, cameras watching everywhere, talk about a slippery slope to hell.

http://www.blackpooltoday.co.uk/View...1&SectionID=62

Why is the violence increasing there?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Umm, knives aren't banned here, and nowhere in that article does it say they will be. Neither are identity cards compulsory (and in all likelihood probably won't be), and our DNA bank has substantially less content than the US equivalent. You need to stop visiting those Illinois militia websites man.
    As for why violence is increasing? Difficult to say. There's been a big surge in "black on black" violence in the large cities, and again it's difficult to put a finger conclusively on why. In the last ten years there's been a big increase in kids just "hanging around" in large groups. This has led to a rising gang culture, which has then led to increased violence. There's also been a massive increase in the number of children being excluded from education for behavioural issues, which then feeds the problem, but is also indicative of it.
    It's unpopular to say so at the highest level, but it's probably in large part due to the decline of our social norms. Families don't live together, people don't know their neighbours, and people don't feel any responsibility to one and other. However it seems to be a very complex and multi-layered issue.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/nationalnews.asp?id=59634

Heh....

Maybe I should of stated, if you use a knife for self defense in the UK you are going to be in for a wild ride....if you don't think its coming though

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/View...&SectionID=104

Knives
    It's illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to buy a knife. Flick knives, butterfly knives and disguised knives (hidden in a belt or mobile phone etc) are illegal to everyone. Swiss Army knives are allowed, so long as the blade is under 7.62cm, however if any knife is used in a threatening way it becomes an offensive weapon. It's an offence to carry a knife in public, and you can face a penalty of two year's imprisonment and a £5,000 fine for doing so. If you're caught with a knife at school you could be sentenced to four years in jail.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 03-22-2007 at 09:10 AM.

You'll be alright using a knife for self defence provided you're carrying it for a legal reason and you can demonstrate that the threat posed warranted it. You can carry a knife if you're using it for work, or you're transporting it from one place to another, or if you're using it for a sport such as diving. If you're carrying it for the purpose of self defence then that's illegal. Funnily enough, we try to discourage our citizens from stabbing each other.
    Violent crime is low here, unless you're male aged 15-24 your chances of being a victim of violence are less than 1%. Your chances of being attacked with a weapon are substantially less again. There's not really a great need to carry any kind of weapon for self defence, and also carrying a weapon for said purpose has it's own inherent risk.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

The first link is not directly related to this discussion, and the second link is an editorial, not a news item.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Funnily enough, we try to discourage our citizens from stabbing each other.
    How is that working out for the UK....facts seem to speak different.

If you're carrying it for the purpose of self defence then that's illegal
    God forbid someone wants to defend themselves from violence with violence.

Violent crime is low here
    I have heard in a number of reports London now has a higher violent crime rate than NYC

There's not really a great need to carry any kind of weapon for self defence, and also carrying a weapon for said purpose has it's own inherent risk.
    Sorry man, that just sounds like good old fashion style ignorance.

The first link is not directly related to this discussion,
    Ah, yes it does. Why have a summit on violent crime, when the weapon of choice was banned ten freakin years ago. Shows there is a problem.

Here is a bit on the ID cards. Spain has them already. I really hope you don't get them. I hope I won't have to get one either for that matter.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6055964.html

that sucks.

i can carry a sword around if i want
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

V for Vendetta, anyone?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The rate of violent crime in the U.K. is pretty much the same as the U.S., and the murder rate is a lot lower, as is the incarceration rate.

If they wanted to lower it further they should just lock more people up.

This is from the U.N's crime research lab.

A UNITED Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be assaulted than in America. England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest.

The study, based on telephone interviews with victims of crime in 21 countries, found that more than 2,000 Scots were attacked every week, almost ten times the official police figures. They include non-sexual crimes of violence and serious assaults

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    There's been a big surge in "black on black" violence in the large cities, and again it's difficult to put a finger conclusively on why. In the last ten years there's been a big increase in kids just "hanging around" in large groups. This has led to a rising gang culture, which has then led to increased violence. There's also been a massive increase in the number of children being excluded from education for behavioural issues, which then feeds the problem, but is also indicative of it.
    Sounds a lot like the good ol' USA if you ask me.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Here is more info on knife banning. This time its taken to the next step of retardation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    This is from the U.N's crime research lab.

A UNITED Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be assaulted than in America. England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest.

The study, based on telephone interviews with victims of crime in 21 countries, found that more than 2,000 Scots were attacked every week, almost ten times the official police figures. They include non-sexual crimes of violence and serious assaults
    ??? If you look at the stats for England/Wales didn't look that bad. Maybe they don't report it? According to this the U.S. is a lot higher, 20 violent crimes per 1000 people. Add in the 5 or so with the rest from the U.K. it seems lower.

Also, the incarceration rate in the U.S. is like 5x higher than the U.K. per population.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/to...3=0&sub=0&v=36

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm
    "rape, robbery, aggravated and simple assault, and
    homicide."

We have more people, we are looking at percentages.

So of course we will have more peeps locked up.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/cri...icle340224.ece
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 03-22-2007 at 01:41 PM.