Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Discuss this movie:
    TMNT: The Rennaissance Reptiles Return
    by Dr. Craig Reid
    They should have stock for martial arts schools so we can buy it and catch the latest trend. Perhaps this would mean a return of the Ninja schools.

i have the first 24/25 issues of the original series. the early ones are reprints but so what. the guys are form north hampton area, guess they thought of them at a party. all dirnking and drawing animals with ninja weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

2006 was the year of the pirates (of the carribean)

This year is looking like the year of the ninjas. Did you see this?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Discuss this movie:
    TMNT: The Rennaissance Reptiles Return
    by Dr. Craig Reid
    That 1 minute TV trailer I always see is the worst trailer ever.

When is the Ninja Cheerleader movie coming out?
    Last edited by jethro; 03-22-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

ill have to say a tear falls from my eye when i think of how cool Eastman and Laird's old black and white "chop the foot to peices" turtles would have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better to base a movie off of.

ill still watch it, and admittedly enjoy it. but i still have always thought the kiddie twist to TMNT was a sad change that has not been able to be undone and likely never will.

the first time i saw ninja turtles in a comic:

It was in the high mountains, the turtles were surrounded by the foot clan, outnumberd 4 to 1. as Shredder watched from a cliff in his regal suit of samurai armor and a cold stare the turtles decimated his numbers in a snow clad frenzy of ninja dismemberment. all of them weilding razor sharp katana

sadly one of the turtles lost his hand to an agile foot member and the turtles had to disengage the battle at the command of splinter.

ah to see this style of turtles resurected....but alas, modern day kid B.S. has ruined what at one time was a classic

but ya, ill still watch and enjoy the kiddied up TMNT

curious, am i the only one who remembers how the ninja turtles really should be?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I used to LOVE the Turtles. After Yojimbo, it seemed like it they ran out of ideas. The voices started changing, and the plots were horrible. I was young at the time so I moved on to shows like Batman and Pinky and the Brain.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Speaking of oldschool cartoons, who remembers Battle of the Planet featuring G-Force?

Turns out the studio behind the latest TMNT is working on a CGI version of GACHAMAN as the cartoon as originally titled in Japan. check out their selection on the "OUR FILMS" menue.

Highlander & Astroboy as well . . .

i just got back from seeing the movie.

the animation for the humans reminded me of the incredibles.
    the animation on the turtles and stuff close up looked really good.
    the story was good.
    the movie i wasnt expecting much, but i thought it was awesome.

i say the movie is awesome. go see it.

and pangquan I remember those turtles best, but i doubt we will ever see that kind of turtle comic again. image tried in the late nineties but it didnt last past issue 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    i just got back from seeing the movie.

the animation for the humans reminded me of the incredibles.
    the animation on the turtles and stuff close up looked really good.
    the story was good.
    the movie i wasnt expecting much, but i thought it was awesome.

i say the movie is awesome. go see it.

and pangquan I remember those turtles best, but i doubt we will ever see that kind of turtle comic again. image tried in the late nineties but it didnt last past issue 30.
    ya, i cant wait to see it. looks totally fun.

the only way i could see the old turtles resurected would be on the screen. dark high flying bloody to the max mutant domination.

i think its beyond that point now though.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    PQ: Thanks, I'm crying in my beer now....

I was lucky to get in at the very beginning, had all the comics, every one...they were awesome.

had the rpg...kinda sucked as an rpg.

the live action movies sucked.

alas, I moved to another town in 89 and ended up parting ways with all my comics to make the truck payment.

but, hey, if this is going to be the year of the ninja...I may have to finally come in...
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Design Sifu

I certainly remember G-FORCE. I have a great G-Force Tshirt and silkscreen poster of the characters. Would be neat if they made a really decent film of it.

As for the TMNT. i dont know why they are ressurecting this cartoon. Not a fan of it at all. I preferred Cartoons like HE-MAN and THundercats, why the hell didnt they make a feature of Thundercats? I mean the HE-MAn movie was cr@p. The thread i started that showed one artists view of the He-man characters was way cool i thought. i will link the forum board here, you have to scroll down a 1/4th of the way and see the artwork. ...................EDIT,,cr@p they took the sketch photos down, sorry about that guys. thought they would stay up. Anyway they were pretty cool, a very dark aspect to the HE-man series that gets rid of the 1980's gay bodybuilder look in the cartoons(hey when you are a KID you dont think of those things)
    CHeers, TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 03-23-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: frukin link site took the pics away
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    They should have stock for martial arts schools so we can buy it and catch the latest trend. Perhaps this would mean a return of the Ninja schools.
    they do - or at least they used to. mark glazier was the first to have publically available shares of stock in his schools.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    PQ: Thanks, I'm crying in my beer now....

I was lucky to get in at the very beginning, had all the comics, every one...they were awesome.

had the rpg...kinda sucked as an rpg.

the live action movies sucked.

alas, I moved to another town in 89 and ended up parting ways with all my comics to make the truck payment.

but, hey, if this is going to be the year of the ninja...I may have to finally come in...
    I played the rpg too. the first movie was great. it was the following two that sucked. the kiddie cartoon sucked, except for episodes with usagi yojimbo. the newer cartoon is more dark, but not like the original comic.

I was very impressed by the new release. I wanted to see more of casey jones fighting tho. it looks like there may be another installment too.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    maybe it will come back around to it's roots eventually like Batman.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"