Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T M N T

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I certainly remember G-FORCE. I have a great G-Force Tshirt and silkscreen poster of the characters. Would be neat if they made a really decent film of it.

As for the TMNT. i dont know why they are ressurecting this cartoon. Not a fan of it at all. I preferred Cartoons like HE-MAN and THundercats, why the hell didnt they make a feature of Thundercats? I mean the HE-MAn movie was cr@p. The thread i started that showed one artists view of the He-man characters was way cool i thought. i will link the forum board here, you have to scroll down a 1/4th of the way and see the artwork. ...................EDIT,,cr@p they took the sketch photos down, sorry about that guys. thought they would stay up. Anyway they were pretty cool, a very dark aspect to the HE-man series that gets rid of the 1980's gay bodybuilder look in the cartoons(hey when you are a KID you dont think of those things)
    CHeers, TWS
    Here's the thing... they aren't really resurrecting this. There's been a cartoon series and toy franchise running quite successfully for about 4 years, and with the cartoon then went a little different by depicting the turtles in a manner more akin to their Mirage base with proper sashes and the brown elbow and knee pads. Thus continuing the look from the live action flicks. This past year they even took them 100 years into the future or something, which sucks. But the previous four years were great. Something like 3 or 4 video games and all types of other merch... it's no surprise they have a new movie. Still got the kid appeal, but it's far more gritty than the original cartoon series ever was or TMNT III.

I don't think a Thundercats live action feature would work out very well without it being turned into a goof like some other cartoons being turned into movies. Besides, I recently rented Thundercats season one... sucks way more than I remember it. Way more. I'd rather see a Voltron movie. Better yet, Voltron vs Power Rangers... I want to see the Voltron Force own the imitators.

I think Mirage Studios currently has a TMNT series going on by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Speaking of oldschool cartoons, who remembers Battle of the Planet featuring G-Force?

Turns out the studio behind the latest TMNT is working on a CGI version of GACHAMAN as the cartoon as originally titled in Japan. check out their selection on the "OUR FILMS" menue.. .
    HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T

I am a HOOOOOOGE G-Force fan.

I would also love to see a Shogun Warriors movie.

Or even StarBlazers!!!
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-26-2007 at 06:32 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    infants...

I'm still waiting for Land of the Lost, Shazam, Isis and Sigmund to get CGI'd

holy crap...I just realized where I got my fetish for glasses from

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/isis/images/pr10.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/isis/images/pr8.jpg
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T HOLY SH!T

I am a HOOOOOOGE G-Force fan.

I would also love to see a Shogun Warriors movie.

Or even StarBlazers!!!
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    infants...

I'm still waiting for Land of the Lost, Shazam, Isis and Sigmund to get CGI'd

holy crap...I just realized where I got my fetish for glasses from

broken links

So.... More likely you'll see a SHAZAM live action film . . . sometime in 2008-2009.

Sigmund the Sea Monster would be pretty fun. But Isis is unlikely... the Wonder Woman movie would probably happen fist and that's rather slow going.

But as for TMNT... a Black & White cartoon done to match the original comic series would make a great direct to DVD piece IMO. But you can't fault Eastman and Laird for grabing the money with the kids angle... or at least, I can't.

im still waiting for them to re do some of the old greek mythology stories.

Clash of the Titans with modern CGI.....omg can we say bad ass?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    im still waiting for them to re do some of the old greek mythology stories.

Clash of the Titans with modern CGI.....omg can we say bad ass?
    That's a Sci-Fi Channel mini-series if I ever heard of one...

lol

no fair, i dont have cable!!!!!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I personally beleive that the idea of swift moving martialarts turtles is hilarious. THEY'RE TURTLES!!!. example of what i mean: " Hey guys, we gotta save rafael, quick. (running from rooftop to rooftop at about 1mph.) hehehe. If i was a turtle in danger, i'd hide in my shell all day.

My son came home from school today with a flyer/card from one of the local franchise martial art schools.

____ invites you to a special FREE
    TMNT Children Beginner's Martial Arts Workshop
    Kids 5-12 are welcome to come as they will
    learn cool Ninja Turtle Martial Arts Techniques.

Kids you will even learn to break a real board
    and receive a FREE Ninja Turtle Weapon and
    learn how to use it!

This FREE community event will be held on Fridays at 6:30 PM
    Parents, Call now to reserve your Ninja Turtle's space at the exciting event

FREE TMNT Movie Tickets to the first 25 callers!"

This is followed by contact info and Raphael is posing all over the card along with the letters TMNT.

I've checked this place out before. The instructors came up in a TKD environment, but now get their orders on how to decorate and how to present themselves from the franchise headquarters. So, this franchise feels it's a good idea to try to hop on the TMNT bandwagon.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

i wonder what they had to pay in royalties to be able to rip off the tmnt characters and logo for the promotion of their school.

anyway, i saw the movie the day after it came out and i have to tell you it was awesome. i was very entertained. go see it. but the nintendo wii game tmnt that just came out is pretty weak. i rented it for 5 days and beat it in 4. and i didnt even spend much time playing it. it was like they just slapped something together as quick as they could with the expectation that the game would sell just bc of the movie. and i think they are right. sure am glad i didnt buy it.

I see some people actually admit they used to watch the Kroft stuff. I always thought Sigmunds family were funny as crap. I would even answer the house phone sometime and say "shello".

Anyone remember Doctor Shrinker, or Electro Woman and Dyna Girl?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

THe new TMNT movie rocks!!!

yea, I know, I'm way late.

i don't get out much.

just saw this at the local brew and view, with pizza ("Funky Chicken": chicken, bacon and red onions w/ bbq sauce) and beer ("Ninja Porter" [no sh!t]...used to be called the 'Rook Porter' but changed the name...i guess it is the year of the ninja) and it was totally awesome...it's in my top 5 movies of all time now.

anywho...the cap of the night was when I saw the new t-shirts this pizza/brewery/movie joint had printed up for their newly named porter.

On the front: "Ninja Porter"

on the back

wait for it

"Ninja Please"
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

14. late joke...

Shaolin Slee Stacks???

jeez, im surprised no one has done a land of the lost re-make on the big screen yet.
    im not sure if i like the idea of gatchaman being re-done, although the turtles looked good in commercials, im sure the company doing the animation will do it top notch but theres just something breathtaking about the tatsunoku anime style
    martial arts and music share the same principles, both wrestle with complex chords and rare melodies.
    http://www.myspace.com/punkrockmantis

I favor Ratatouille...

...but I've only seen that, Shrek 3 and Bee Movie. Shrek was ok. Bee Movie was more of a D- movie.

Two Asian films enter Oscars animation race
    Written by Patrick Frater
    Friday, 09 November 2007

SANTA MONICA – Two Asian-made films have entered the race to win the Oscar for best animated feature.

Japanese crimer "Tekkonkinkreet" and the Hong Kong-made "TMNT" are among 12 movies that have been submitted to the Academy of Motion Pictures . These will be screened and the Academy announce nominations on Jan 22, 2008.

The Academy noted that three of the other pics -- " Alvin and the Chipmunks," "Beowulf" and " Persepolis " -- have not yet had their required Los Angeles qualifying run. The submitted features must fulfill the general release requirements and meet all of the category’s other qualifying rules before they can advance in the voting process.

The Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2007 will be presented on Sunday, February 24, 2008.

Full list of films submitted for 2007 best animated movie Oscar
    " Alvin and the Chipmunks"
    "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters"
    "Bee Movie"
    "Beowulf"
    "Meet the Robinsons"
    " Persepolis "
    "Ratatouille"
    "Shrek the Third"
    "The Simpsons Movie"
    "Surf’s Up"
    "Tekkonkinkreet"