Thread: Robert E. Howard

Robert E. Howard

If any of you are a fan of Howard's work (most popular Conan) I just picked up

Lord of Samarcand, and Other Adventure Tales of the Old Orient

A collection of Historical Fiction tales and other drafts and ideas.

if your a fan of the original Conan books or Howard, this is a MUST read.

you will enjoy
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I read the fist couple of conan books waaaaaaaaay back in Jr. High. Dark Horse comics has recently been publishing Conan comics with close attention paid to the spirit of Robert E. Howard's writing.

well seeing as how im a giant nerd i might have to check those out.

i actually used to collect comics massivley as a kid, and i just started collecting a title just for old times sake.

The Immortal Iron Fist.

totally cool kung fu dude.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Just watched Solomon Kane starring James Purefoy(resident evil). If you have read the Solomon Kane stories, and enjoyed them, you would probably dig this movie. IMO pretty good adaption of Howards character to a new story. His look is perfect.

Last edited by Lucas; 09-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Just watched Solomon Kane starring James Purefoy(resident evil). If you have read the Solomon Kane stories, and enjoyed them, you would probably dig this movie. IMO pretty good adaption of Howards character to a new story. His look is perfect.

correction that should be james purefoy(rome) lol, idk...when i first started watching this movie it was dark, gothic and ominous but then for some reason i didnt watch the second half for like a year...and it fell apart toward the end... it was ok, and glad to see james in anything... loved him in Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    correction that should be james purefoy(rome) lol, idk...when i first started watching this movie it was dark, gothic and ominous but then for some reason i didnt watch the second half for like a year...and it fell apart toward the end... it was ok, and glad to see james in anything... loved him in Rome.
    haha touche'

I do tend to agree about the second half of the movie. I'm a fan of Howards Solomon Kane stories though so it was easy for me to keep going. I would have prefered a Howard original story though...I guess the movie was primarily just an introduction to the character...but without any sequal...you miss out on the coolest stuff that Howard put Kane through.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.