Thread: southern mantis arm & hand conditioning

southern mantis arm & hand conditioning

Lets talk about different types of hand/arm conditioning in southern mantis, all styles.

ready..... GO!
    www.jooklummantis.com

i would imagine that the basics of it are the same as any sil lum based methods.

IE: star blocking drills, wooden man and mung bean bag hitting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am familiar with rolling the bamboo sticks over the forearms, using the metal rings on our forearms; but I am interested in more to see what peoples thoughts were on specifically the hands. I have been using a bucket of beans to "dart" my fingers into, the squeezing them, then releasing them with a "flick". Has anyone else used these methods?
    www.jooklummantis.com

hand/finger training,..

yes',.. we also use slapping, swirling/stiring, & closed-fist grinding techniques in a large pot of dried-beans. Plus, we apply Dit-Da-Jow before, inbetween and after all conditioning exercises. In addition we do cordination skills such as; holding the fingers up and seperating them into 'V' & 'W' shapes back & forth. sychronized and synchapated versions,..then we shake the hands in all directions afterwards to increase extra blood-flow. Li Ma-Keh.

chow gar conditioning

A lot of conditioning in chow gar is done with 2 man drills. So for arms, palms (back and front), fingers, elbows, shoulders, biceps etc there are 2 man hitting / conditioning exercises.

You can see 2 examples here:-

http://www.chowgarprayingmantis.com/...Bash%20Arm.htm

http://www.chowgarprayingmantis.com/...mer%20Fist.htm
    The roots of true achievement lie in the will to become the best that you can become.

train hard...

www.tonglong.co.uk/

www.tonglong.co.uk/forum/

Kismet,...

We do two like the first video also. 3-Star,(hitting the outside forearms in horse-stance),..then 7-star ,(hitting the inside & outside forearms in a moving stance sequence). Li Ma-Keh.