Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: funny confrontation....

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure427 View Post
    I've seen a few fights and been in a few...they've all been pretty different. I remember one was over in one punch...the guy cracked em with a haymaker and it made a big noise...the other guy walked away crying (middle school)

I was in one that you said "fights dont happen like this"...but we were friends (fighting over the dumbest thing....but its always dumb right?) And it was EXACTLY like a boxing match...except there were no gloves so it was real bloody and it lasted 10minutes (no rounds, no breaks)...it was exhausting....and then we shook hands and joked about it a few days later like "wow, yea you caught me real good right here", lol...."nah, but you rocked my jaw when you threw this one...."

That was before any trainning of mine....and a big reason i started getting trainning. Much better than the fights on youtube.com hehe. (and we were in HS)
    I've fought my brother and a friend like this. I don't call them fights, though. We weren't trying to hurt each other. Not really. So it was like a boxing match. I won, of course. But he got in some shots nevertheless, and he's a bodybuilder (my brother)....so you know it hurt. Still, he's got nothing on qi na....lol.....
    Last edited by Kung Pao; 03-31-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    we had fights in our schools that were bloodbaths, and nobody got expelled. Detention,suspension, yes. The only one who got expelled was my friend for punching out the shop teacher.
    My buds and I got into a brawl with the wrestling team once. The coach took his sweet-a$$ time about breaking it up, too. My friend and I did ok, but my other friend got rocked. There was a huge blood streak all across the hallway wall, like six feet long, which was there the next day. He was hospitalized, but he was ok.Just a Broken nose. They bleed alot.(well, he had a big nose!)
    Then again, we also had a senior lounge where you could smoke, and we were allowed to smoke in between classes outside. This was in the seventies, and the rules are much different now.

I'm sorry. I mean suspension, not expulsion. Although, if you used anything as a weapon, it was automatic expulsion.

My error.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Pao View Post
    I've fought my brother and a friend like this. I don't call them fights, though. We weren't trying to hurt each other. Not really. So it was like a boxing match. I won, of course. But he got in some shots nevertheless, and he's a bodybuilder (my brother)....so you know it hurt. Still, he's got nothing on qi na....lol.....
    Yea i know what you mean, i used to beatup my little brother (and feel guilty about it today)...but me n my friend "fought" that day. We were going at it, hitting as hard as we could (and since neither of us fought THAT well...almost every hit connected dead on) lol

What is it about fighting your friends that seems to draw you closer?

Every time I fought my brother or my friend, or spar hardcore against friends, I feel like I've bonded with them........

It's a weird thing about fighting, man. I guess its about standing up and showing what your'e made of , and earning respoect. I don't know.

I agree that it really proves nothing (except at that particular moment one kid was a better fighter than another kid), but I wonder how different some of the posts would be if the kid that said I do bjj won? Just curious....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.