Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: failed awareness vid

failed awareness vid

This is a pretty shocking video of street crime. Despite the fact that the victim is elderly it showcases that the best form of self defense is awareness and that criminal violence is not some outdated punch-block mythology.

Notice the ruse setup before he goes off. Take what you can from it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cae7d25e9f&o=1

P.S. I wonder if the victim was black and the attacker was white would this be filed under the liberal hate crime outlook??

are you trying to get a gig as an internet shock jock or something?

so what do you suggest? ma training in modern tactical operations for the elderly?
    or are you trying to invoke hatred towards black inner city youth?
    or perhaps you have the need more cops agenda.

this stuff happens and it happens because some people are scumbags.
    It's not gonna stop because we can watch it on tv now.

It is a fruitless thing to show.

Be the change in the world that you want to see. That's all you, or I can do.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It is a fruitless thing to show.
    No, for people who don't have there heads in the sand and don't want to talk about absurd martial art fluff all day, or poser garage bands, its a very accurate thing to talk about.

It's a realistic topic about rbsd, not some punch-drunk post about chi vampirism or if bruce lee was a good fighter...

ma training in modern tactical operations for the elderly?
    I mentioned already that this is an elderly person, that does not detract from what this showcases, it happens to all ages.

or are you trying to invoke hatred towards black inner city youth
    ?

nope, this is what it is.

It's not gonna stop because we can watch it on tv now.
    No, but it can showcase aspects of martial training, awareness is one of the least talked about aspects of the martial arts, often due to ego based ideals about what one teaches, this is a martial art forum and it fits.

Be the change in the world that you want to see. That's all you, or I can do
    I hate when people write cosmetic junk like this in the hopes that it will some how come out sounding cosmic and profound instead.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 02-22-2007 at 05:36 PM.

black jack the vid you posted is disgusting and distrubing. I suggest locking this thread and not showcasing it to the public to generate a topic of conversation.

there are better ways to get your point across ands spark up converation about your interest than to attach that type of file.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

black jack the vid you posted is disgusting and distrubing. I suggest locking this thread and not showcasing it to the public to generate a topic of conversation
    Your kidding right?

You really need some thicker skin mr. my shifu for life, if you plan on teaching self defense in any actual context.This is a perfect example of my point, I never stated it's not supposed to be disgusting or distrubing, but it is not OT like a lot of the posts here so I don't see why it would be locked.

It's not the video of us army soliders getting sniped, it is a martial based post, with a actual non-lethal street attack.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    black jack the vid you posted is disgusting and distrubing. I suggest locking this thread and not showcasing it to the public to generate a topic of conversation.

there are better ways to get your point across ands spark up converation about your interest than to attach that type of file.
    I disagree. I think it is important to be aware of this kind of thing and the repercussions.

Based on her body language, I'm pretty sure that woman was aware of what was going to happen to her. The problem was, she was cornered and had no way out. Before that, I doubt she had a chance to be "aware", as I don't think her accoster made his appearance when she would have had the option to escape.

Some good SD training could have helped her out tremendously.

A very disturbing video, but it does show what real bad guys are like. They are predators that will go after those they consider weak or easy prey. And that doesn't mean just old people. It's good to sometimes see that the real world isn't only dimwitted teens throwing hooks and submission fighters.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Black jack, please refrain from comments like I need thicker skin. The video is not about me so me having thicker skin doesnt make any sense in this case.

My point was you posted a video of an 80 year old lady who was brutally attacked by a 20-30 year old black man tying to make a point about situational awarness?

I have taught many seminars about rape prevention and situational awareness and you dont need to show a video of a woman actually getting raped to get your point across.

knife,
    I didnt say it was'nt important to be aware we just didnt need a graphic video of it to discuss it thats all.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I think that Black Jack did the right thing in posting this. I think more people, not less, should see it. If one vid makes one group or race or whatever look bad then too bad. We should discuss these things. Other wise what is this forum for?

All things, providing they're on topic, should be up for review and discussion. Does anyone here think that censorship would be a good thing?
    Always learning

knife,
    I didnt say it was'nt important to be aware we just didnt need a graphic video of it to discuss it thats all.
    I disagree. Seeing how these things actaully happen is extremely important in terms of teaching people both to be aware, as well to the specific physical things they can do to protect themselves.

Too many "self-defense" instructors, as well as the people they are teaching, have no idea of how an actual assault goes down. It is very important to know this from a technical standpoint. It helps both the instructors and the students to see these types of things.

I have taught many seminars about rape prevention and situational awareness and you dont need to show a video of a woman actually getting raped to get your point across.
    I've been involved in SD seminars too, and many times the participants are having a great old time. They are keeping what can happen past arms reach as a coping mechanism and sometimes need to see or hear what can really happen to them to bring things into focus.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

knife,
    Were we discussing it before the video?

DM

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    No, for people who don't have there heads in the sand and don't want to talk about absurd martial art fluff all day, or poser garage bands, its a very accurate thing to talk about.

It's a realistic topic about rbsd, not some punch-drunk post about chi vampirism or if bruce lee was a good fighter...

I mentioned already that this is an elderly person, that does not detract from what this showcases, it happens to all ages.

?

nope, this is what it is.

No, but it can showcase aspects of martial training, awareness is one of the least talked about aspects of the martial arts, often due to ego based ideals about what one teaches, this is a martial art forum and it fits.

I hate when people write cosmetic junk like this in the hopes that it will some how come out sounding cosmic and profound instead.
    hahahahaha, personal attacks?

ok.

you are a little fag and a bitch as well and i would pwn you and your flabby yet skinny douchebagness of a body with my superior martial stylings, but you are gutless and weak and hide like kip dynamite behind a keyboard trying to get attention in a ho like way, because you are only that.

there you go. now go learn how to be a real man you little trollop or I'll tell your mommy you been wasting a lot of time trolling and postuing snuff films.

rbsd my arse. you git, you have no freaking idea what rbsd really is.
    post crap, then leave it and posture like it means something. It's snuff and you are a dirt bag for putting it here. why don't you just go shit in someones lap? Maybe that would get you the attention you crave.

is that what you were looking for BJ2? I know you are capable of understanding a good dump rant like that. You probably get a lot of it.lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What a moronic subject. Just what in the HELL did you expect this old lady to do? She would have been assaulted the same way in any other place.

Yeah, they go down like this. Some dude spots the weakest mark they can find and assaults them. If the old lady was you and he still went that way. You need some roids. Change your look, do something. 'CAUSE SMELL LIKE FOOD.

What are you going to do? Teach her the OODA loop. Have her hum at the wall and attack the bullet man? The woman couldn't even get up a frikkin ramp.

You fools that see this as some sort wake up call need deep psychotherapy.

What about that car that drove right by? I wonder if they saw what was going on?
    Always learning