Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ??? about Patriotism in the U.S.A

I think the American side of the problem comes from the lack of knowledge many Americans exhibit regarding their own history (see this thread for numerous examples) never mind anyone else's, coupled with the lack of geopolitical knowledge that often goes with it.
    On our side, if you'd been forced to endure Braveheart, The Patriot and U-571, you'd be pretty POd
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    For the inside scoop on what things are like down GA's way go to
    www.chavscum.co.uk
    west side lmao
    or is that northwest side ?
    or as vicki pollard puts it
    west country

lol good old chavs
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Hey, you Brits are trying to steal our redneck culture!

I've posted this before but the new guys like Fred may like it.
    http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/park.html

Of course here's a photo from back in the day when Watchman and I were a great superhero duo. That's the Watchman's Mullet Mobile. My sidekick cycle is right behind it.
    http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/batmobile.jpg
    yup great country
    (oops sorry yank bashing again)

u know rogue for all your evil
    your not that bad (I dun contradikted ma self)

I think the American side of the problem comes from the lack of knowledge many Americans exhibit regarding their own history (see this thread for numerous examples) never mind anyone else's, coupled with the lack of geopolitical knowledge that often goes with it.
    On our side, if you'd been forced to endure Braveheart, The Patriot and U-571, you'd be pretty POd
    Pish, pish. All the worlds problems come from England not controlling France.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

see now their i agree with you

FRENCH PEOPLE SUCK !!

what i dont get is why americans dont like em
    we english have got an excuse and that is centuries of warring and football,

If you think French people are bad you should see French Canadians. Anyway, the French REALLY hate Americans. See the real problem is that after the second world war we liberated them before they had a chance to surrender to us and form a collaborative government
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

If you think French people are bad you should see French Canadians. Anyway, the French REALLY hate Americans. See the real problem is that after the second world war we liberated them before they had a chance to surrender to us and form a collaborative government
    Hehehe....lol

don't you live in swindon?

trust me, you would hate the english from swindon, they can barely utter a word that makes any sense and they are also a pack of poncy gits.

I live in Ontario and have many friends who are quebecois, my parents are american and english and they both live in canada. My grandparents were all brits except my dads mom whos an american. I have cousins and uncles et al in canada, the uk, the USA, Norway, and even south africa. Trying to narrow it all down to a black and white this is this and that is that is an exercise in monumental stupidity.

I don't understand how war conflicts with martial values. I mean come on, you don't learn MA just to be one more wanker with a gi on do you? If you do, then you're no martial artist you're a poser and a martial atrist will one day crush you and your little doggy to.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hmmm.

I seem to remember having a class in international relations that tried to define American values.

It was pretty interesting.

Basically, you just sort of came away with the "bundling swirl of contradictions" thing.

Which is fine, because that tends to mitigate stupidity over the long haul.

I'm trying to remember some of the things...

Solution oriented
    Belief that no problem is unsolvable
    Predisposition to action
    Messianic (read: mission to save the world, not "come to Jesus.")

There may have been more, but I seem to recall these were the ones we could all agree on.

The last two, of course are what tend to **** people off - especially the last one....The last one is less obnoxious to others in our isolationist phases though. Then the Messianic thing tends to manifest as "beacon/example to the world," as opposed to mucking about in other people's affairs.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    don't you live in swindon?

trust me, you would hate the english from swindon, they can barely utter a word that makes any sense and they are also a pack of poncy gits.
    since when did you speak britainese DJ ?

that is the single best joke i have heard this month

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    yup great country
    (oops sorry yank bashing again)

u know rogue for all your evil
    your not that bad (I dun contradikted ma self)
    Aw crap, all that work I put into being an asshole down the tubes.

Just remember the words of the Great Al Bundy, "It's wrong to be French".

Do people still remember Married with Children or am I making another outdated reference?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Yes, if we had only controlled the French better in the 18th Century America may still have been just another British colony
    Last edited by laugarkuen; 03-29-2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: grammer

Aw crap, all that work I put into being an asshole down the tubes.

Just remember the words of the Great Al Bundy, "It's wrong to be French".

Do people still remember Married with Children or am I making another outdated reference?
    http://home.nikocity.de/nomaam/Albundy/al065b.jpg

originally posted by Ben Gash
    Ain't that the truth. One thing that never ceases to amaze me about all of these French bashers is that they don't seem to realize, or know, that America wouldn't even be a country if it wasn't for France. Not only that, but they gave us the Statue of Liberty as a gift!! Why isn't it considered un-patriotic for Americans to bash the French?
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)