Thread: More issues

More issues

Does anybody else think that kung fu magazine should be out monthly instead of every 2 months?

We're not in position to do that at this time

Unfortunately the market won't support us as a monthly. It probably would if we opened our pages to other styles than CMA and CMA cousins. But at this point, there isn't enough support for us to expand to a monthly. Frankly, CMA isn't that popular....yet.

Kung Fu Tai Chi was only monthly in 2000. Actually, that was a 13-issue year because we did an extra special. Prior to that, it was bimonthly, alternating production with World of Martial Arts. Prior to that, it was quarterly, alternating with Dojo and Dojang. In 2001, we decided to go back to bimonthly so we could bring more attention to our websites.

But keep thinking those positive thoughts, Bagua8. If we can continue to grow - if CMA can continue to grow - perhaps someday we'll go back to being monthly. Maybe then, I could hire a secretary.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Drats! I missed getting the last issue, and it is no longer on the newstands when I went to Barnes & Nobles yesterday. I need to subscribe!

I have every single issue of the magazine from day one from the previous publishers, so I have to purchase the back issue from the site soon.

If it was monthly it'd probably be my fav mag. More people need to hear about CMA and the goodness it can bring.

Sc & B8

SC: Thanks for the support. Few people have the whole set. The previous publishers (Hagood) only did seven issues. Our present publisher, Gigi Oh, took over on the eight one.

B8: Keep supporting us and CMA and hopefully one day we can expand to monthly again. The newsstands are extremely competitive nowadays for all magazines, so we really rely upon our readership to remain viable.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart