Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLF Sifu

CLF Sifu

Has anyone heard of Sifu Ngan Cho Keong and know what his reputation is like?

Sifu Ngan Cho Keong's grandfather was Ngan Yiu Ting (3rd inheritor from Chan Heung's CLF) who learned CLF from Chan Koon Pak (2nd inheritor and son of founder Chan Heung). Ngan Yiu Ting and Chan Yiu Chi (Chan Koon Pak's son and 3rd inheritor) were classmates and their families were close.

Ngan Yiu Ting and Chan Yiu Chi passed their CLF down to their sons, respectively, Ngan Wan Lung and Chan Wan Hon, both 4th inheritors of Chan Heung's CLF.

Ngan Wan Lung and Chan Wan Hon passed their CLF down to their sons, respectively, Ngan Cho Keong and the famous Chan Yung Fa of Australia, both 5th inheritors of Chan Heung's CLF.

well havent u answered ur own question?

or is this another scam to get ppl to start talking bout him?

CLF sifu

I was just asking and did not want to start anything. Let's just drop the topic.

Blog Entries
    From what I've seen he's not so good. Having a lineage is no guarantee that you
    know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    know anything.
    We all saw your fight video. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    know anything.
    Is there video of him online???

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    We all saw your fight video. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not.
    actually anybody can judge...it is an ability different from performing/executing

whether he's right or not...that's something else

We all haven't seen a video of your fight. You have no basis to judge who's good and who's not good to judge who's good and who's not. ha ha ha jk

Blog Entries
    the guy teaches at # 8 old chinatown lane is SF. He is a nice guy. His uniforms are usually green. I've watched he and his students perform at Tai Chi in the Park annual celebrations.

as far as i know, his schools pretty quiet. not out in the public too much.

but yeah this is the guy you are talking about.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by iron_silk View Post
    actually anybody can judge...it is an ability different from performing/executing

whether he's right or not...that's something else
    precisely. i can tell a good dancer from a bad dancer but i cant dance at all.

i can tell a good singer from a bad singer, yet i cant sing at all.

observation is different from execution.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Yes this is all true but how you dance won't tell someone how you fight. I don't know this sifu and whether he is good or not but you can't completely judge a person from a "form" performance you have seen. Personally I feel if a sifu performs it should look fairly good but some people are just not good performers; however they could be very good at fighting and useage of techniques. It all goes back to judging a book by its cover.

I always find it comical how people on this site put down others so easily from behind a computer. But whatever it's the society we live in now.

Blog Entries
    Well we DIDN'T see your fight video and so you have no basis to comment.

And I DO have this guy on video and I WILL put the video on youtube so all can judge.

Would you guys like that?

FP

Would watching 1 form really tell us how good his kung fu is? I don't know if it's good or bad but if we don't study with the guy on a consistent basis who really knows? I agree with you about people getting caught up with names, it's rather stupid because although someone's grandfather could have been a top notch kung fu man his grand kid might have two left feet and zero talent but people will get caught up in the name.

I wouldn't mind seeing the video but I will hold judgement for myself as it really doesn't do any good putting things out about a sifu online.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Would watching 1 form really tell us how good his kung fu is? I don't know if it's good or bad but if we don't study with the guy on a consistent basis who really knows? I agree with you about people getting caught up with names, it's rather stupid because although someone's grandfather could have been a top notch kung fu man his grand kid might have two left feet and zero talent but people will get caught up in the name.

I wouldn't mind seeing the video but I will hold judgement for myself as it really doesn't do any good putting things out about a sifu online.
    In this case its pretty obvious. I'll put it up in the near future.

my view

He is good. I've been to his school twice. Once with a group of guys from my school and our teacher and once by myself to say hello when I was visiting SF.

He is good, in my opinion. The second time I visited by my self I was looking at his weapons rack, he made all of his weapons....he insisted I pick up a heavy ass nine ring broad sword he cast, I did my best to do a form, it was heavy.

He did a form next to show me up, and it was clean and tight.

I think he is my my sifus cousin if I remember correctly. Hes a really nice guy and does herbal therapy as well.

peace
    bryan.
    Bryan Davis