Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lei Tai fights

Lei Tai fights

Some of those famous Leitai Fights from China (1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWfLbV6vAec

Yep, you can see those old school guys were skilled.

I did like some of the throws, though.

But that was probably because of the crappy bases of the fighters... so much for stance training, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Some of those famous Leitai Fights from China (1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWfLbV6vAec

Yep, you can see those old school guys were skilled.

I did like some of the throws, though.

But that was probably because of the crappy bases of the opponents... so much for stance training, I guess.
    This is some pathetic crapola. BTW 1986 is after the Commies, not exactly old school.

1. Those guys are actually fightng, not talking about fighting, not saying they are too deadly to fight, etc

2. They are sloppy, they aren't exactly world beaters, but then again, some of the fights on the old Gracie In Action were also sloppy brawls, the Luta Libre vs GJJ matches? Almost embarassing by today's MMA standards... fighting moves forward, or at least should...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

There's a shorter highlights one with some interesting moves on - well, I like the guy who catches a leg and then lifts on his shoulder and throws the guy clean over from it - top technique! That'd look unrealistic on Tekken, lol...

Spot Mrs. Bruce Lee in the second fight there.. heh..
    It's not worth a penny!

The thing with those clips is that you don't really know what sort of level these guys are supposed to represent. It also dispels the myth that all Chinese are really great at Kung Fu.
    Neilhytholt, this tournament was in Taiwan
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    The thing with those clips is that you don't really know what sort of level these guys are supposed to represent. It also dispels the myth that all Chinese are really great at Kung Fu.
    Neilhytholt, this tournament was in Taiwan
    But if it's Taiwan, then why does it say: Chengdu, Sichuan.

Let's all buy Bruce Lee uniforms and pretend to do hockey-sockey.

OK, that'll teach me, I hadn't watched the clip I assumed it was one of the usual Lei Tai ones
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Knife Fighter,
    To answer your post on the other thread, this looks liek Kung Fu too. I am not sure where all the hop, hop stuff came from, but outside of that, you see all techniques found in the forms.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

real world fights generally look sloppy, violent, and shocking to us as long as were not participating in them and just observing (than you realzie how hard it is to actually fight and different fomr sparring or ring fighting). skill is really minimal in real fights, I mean I trained boxing/and or muay thai for years and everytime I got in a streetfight I did pretty bad (although people told me they could tell I sparred or looked comfortable I generally took more hits cause haymakers are faster than boxer punches abnd have a longer range). Also in real fights they have alot more adrenaline andd esperation thans parring or ring fights so will take alot mroe of ur beating in order to get to u and do damage.

Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sanshou and MMA are the way of the future. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

What exactly are the rules here? In the first clip KF posted it looked like there was no head contact ( because the guy who 'won' looked like he was complaining about getting hit in the head).

The second "Highlights" clip looked a bit better with 'full' contact, but again no fist/hand to the head. Is it more like Kykoshun (sp?)?

-David

Obviously the competitors deserve credit for actually fighting, instead of hiding behind the 'our techniques are too deadly' rubbish. That being said, it was a pretty pi$$ poor demonstration of fighting skills. but at least some of it still looked marginally better than that famous tai chi grandmaster vs crane style grandmaster debacle

Too much forms practice, and not enough twoman work.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Too much forms practice, and not enough twoman work.
    Too much forms practice/two man drills and not enough sparring.