Thread: Krishnamurti Clip

Krishnamurti Clip

I thought I would post this link to view footage of (IMO) on of the greatest thinkers of modern times. I think it has relevance to people from all walks of like, however, the clarity of his explanation has even more resonance to martial artists. Jiddu Krishnamurti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b_lAb_GmI4&NR=1
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

yeah krishnamurtis got some good stuff to say, bruce lee and the sbg/matt thornton crew are into him too.

ps bad ass website dude!

"If I live in tradition, I betray the present" J. Krishnamurti
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

I don't get it

Can you explain to me what you think is the greatest thinker about this?

I don't know this guy so maybe this is just a really poor example of his thinking, but in this video clip;

his premise is faulty - or at least completely without supporting evidence.

Paraphrased - that the world is full of suffering and confusion far more than it ever has been.

Have you ever read revelations - Armageddon was an actual place where people 2000 years ago through the end of the world would take place in their lifetime.
    2000 years later we're still here. There are other older text from Asian and meso american cultures that have song the same tune.
    What evidence is there that today is ANY different?

Then his solution is some kind of undefined transformation of JUST you, errr no everybody - OH I can't decide which so I'll just put a whole lot of words together that make NO sense or follow any kind of logic, commit a whole lot of logical fallacies, stuff it in a bottle and pretend like I have a clue.
    How is he different from all the other people out there offering miracles in a bottle?
    Last edited by Corwyn; 04-01-2007 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling