Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: original kungfu

original kungfu

Hey, where can i find the original 72 moves of old Kung fu? i tried to google but could not find any... My dad says that only those first 72 moves are really worth learning, cuz he learned those when he was young but i think those moves are lost right now, even my dad could not remember all of them. And there WERE NOT any fancy flying kicks or jumping in those 72 moves!!! Anyone know where can i find all of them?
    Schools these days only teach something like praying mantis and other bull****s, I WANT THE ORIGINAL!!!

If you are talking Shaolin, you need to talk to Sal Canzioneri.

Shaolin has a number of forms known as Louhan and or Hong Quan. They are from 18, 32/36 moves long, to 54, 72 or 108 Moves long. Depending on the forms.

It's more than just 72 techniques, there is a whole ancient system that is known as either Louhan, Hong Quan or Rou Quan. There is also Pao Chui that is really old too.

I think the Rou Quan is the oldest, and containes all the core Shaolin techniques that the others are built on. That is probably the forms you are looking for.

You can also buy the Tagou text books form the store at the top of the page. It has the 72 Shaolin techniques shown with two men so you can see the application.

There is 108 move demo two man form in there as well as two man weapons sets shown. The diagrams are clear enough to work the techniques out if you have a good training partner.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by bonthan View Post
    Schools these days only teach something like praying mantis and other bull****s, I WANT THE ORIGINAL!!!
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????
    how did you get so stupid ?

so all schools teach mantis and bullsh!t ?
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    there are so many things wrong with what you said

1 why is praying mantis bad ?
    2 if u dont kniow these 72 moves how do you know everything else is bad ?( oh wait YOUR DAD, great teacher you got there)
    3 if only these 72 moves are worth learning then by definition everything all CMA or all martial arts every where are worthless right ?

sure the 72 moves are probably worth learning
    but to say stuff like that is just plain dumb
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Being of Shaolin influance, I'd be willing to bet the *72* are in Mantis anyway.

He's got his answer, all he has to do is buy all 5 of the Tagou texts from the store banner at the top of the page.

He will wake up when he gets past the age of 14, or crosses hands with a mantis player.

I could tell him whitch one has the techniques he's looking for, but I think in his case making him buy all five and searching through page by page is in order.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Also, the 72 Shaolin techniques are found spread around in the following books,

64 leg attacks of Shaolin Kung Fu

24 Running foot strokes.

12 fatal leg attacks

illistrated Shaolin grappling

18 Arhat Methods of Shaolin Temple.

All 72 techniques are spread between these 4 books, plus a lot more solid direct fighting techniques. The explanations are clearer than Tagou, but the Tagou series has them all in one place, in order.

I recomend getting the Tagou series first, and then the rest of the books.

You and your Dad will be able to work on them together. I am sure these manuals will jog his memory.

For the Women:

+ = & a

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    I am sure these manuals will jog his memory.
    or not.......
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by bonthan View Post
    Your dad didn't say what style his 'original' 72 moves came from?

he said that's the original, before kungfu was divided into northern and southern!!
    Oh and i take back what i said about mantis kungfu and other bull****s, cuz i searched yesterday for those 72 moves and i found most of them has praying mantis in there, i was like "WTF??", cuz my dad never did mention something like praying mantis, for it wasnt there when he learned kung fu.

yeh fine
    buy the tagou books that should tell you all you need to know and stop u from making stupid statements like u did b4
    and eventually collecting this form and this technique and this style etc will just seem pointless
    and u will wisen up

until then think before u speak

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    man, why do you believe all this crap? Sure, it was written many years ago in some of the "earlier" books published(meaning to the public) that there were "origianally 72 movements". However, realize this-if this were true, these movements would be the most basic,rudimentary,lowest level, unrefined techniqes. If this is BEFORE it branched off, then it is also before many years of constant refinement, development, and improvement, by many warriors, experienced fighters, and masters.
    Older is not always better. Older forms of surgery are not better than what we have now.
    Older forms of protecting oneself from radiation are not better.
    Older planes are not better.
    Older women are certainly not better.
    also older milk.
    Some parts of older women might actually smell like older milk....
    but I digress...
    It would be better to find a real teacher, of a real style, and put in some real training.-if you want real skill, that is.

golden arhat...

Please be more forgiving to the young man. His heart is in the right place (or he's a Troll who has created an entire personalitly merely to antagonize us, I'm not sure yet...) he just needs a little help finding his way. I took what my father said (an 8th Dan in Hap Ki Do) as the Gospel as well when I was his age. (Thankfully, my father knew what he was talking about most of the time...) Attacking him isn't going to help. He's not stupid, just misguided.

sorry
    i know he is misguided
    i'll be nicer from now on

he still shouldnt run his mouth though
    thats just begging for trouble

I'm fairly certain this is a troll attempt. Seems to be working. But troll or not, it at least shows us how ridiculous it is to advocate the old just because it's old. The sentiment that the older, original stuff is better is pretty common in CMA. It's a big part of the mystique that attracts a lot of students. You know, ancient wisdom and all that.

CMA is not the same today as it was 1,500 years ago, nor should it be. If we all stuck to the original, we'd have far fewer styles and variations - and that variety is part of the fun in studying kung fu. The antiquity of wrestling and boxing shouldn't need to be mentioned.

Ten Tigers really hit it on the head, I think. Age has very little to do with practical value. Cultural value? Absolutely. Historical value? Definitely. Entertainment value? Certainly seems that way for many kung fu fans around the world. But throughout CMA oral history, we have many stories of people cross-training to absorb what is effective. Almost every style's genesis story sounds something like that, doesn't it? Master/Group A took styles X, Y, and Z and created style Omega out of the best parts of each. Jow Gar, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, etc. How many styles trace their roots back 400 years or less?

My point is that no style is really "pure" so we're not necessarily diluting it by allowing influence of other methods to come in. Would any of you honestly think that san da fighters didn't adapt according to their fights with Thai boxers, and vice versa? But the OP makes that basic presumptive mistake: distill all of kung fu to find the oldest, original, purest, uncut "truth."

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i'm voting troll.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

darn it i was hoping this was a thread about an original kung fu style. 72 moves? praying mantis? that doesnt sound very original. hedgehog style now thats original. or flopping fish style. or the great (but smelly) style hu flung pu.

now i command you all to start being original and make up a new style.

hopefully i can officially deem this thread hijacked.