Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: original kungfu

hahhahaha i'm gonna roast him on msn
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    bonthan has to be the dumbest human being on the face of the earth.... He just emailed me this.....

Perhaps dad wants to fight
    He's obviously a kid. Either that or he's a good troll playing a kid.

Just google on bonthan. Some Vietnamese or Cambodian kid by that name is all over the Internet.

Who knows, maybe his dad's a real hoss?

Then again, he said all you need to know are 72 moves, and he doesn't remember them all. So......he doesn't even remember everything he needs to know....

Maybe he only remebers his favorite bread and butter ass kicking techniques?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Maybe he only butters his bread, and gets his ass kicked?

Maybe, but you don't need 72 techniques to be a good fighter. You can do just fine with a dozen or so...if that even.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

As I always tell people who ask what's the most effective technique, it's a jab. I don't care what MA anyone studies, the jab is the common factor. If I can master a jab that can keep someone at distance and KO him, I'm sure I'll be unstoppable.

Jabs don't work against kickers

For the Women:

+ = & a

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, cut the kid some slack. I think what he meant to say is his dad learned before there were MOVIES about the north and south Shaolin. If he's in his late thirties, and those movies didn't come out until the late seventies....right? Right?
    The other side of the coin is...anyone who has trained long enough, and especially those who have schools, have encountered those guys...the ones who have the story, such as they trained Ninjutsu at a Shaolin Temple in Guam, or they learned a secret assasin's style from an old Chinese man they met...um, in Guam, or they were in a special forces unit-so secret that there's no record of it, and learned all the secret deadly death strikes..while stationed in, um...Guam....

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Jabs don't work against kickers
    yeah they do. I use them all the time. we used to have a tkd blackbelt and my jab gave him fits.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

most of you guys are *******s who think the real kung fu artist .some body ask about something and you give him **** and talk bad about his dad ..its most of the young ones who think they know somthing .and in fact they realy dont know **** ...so why dont people on here show a little consideration to people ..your giveing martial arts a bad name you

yeah they do. I use them all the time. we used to have a tkd blackbelt and my jab gave him fits.

Reply]
    Legs are longer than arms. Unless the fight is more in close quarters, the kicker will win because the guy with the jab cannot get close enough to him.

Now, if you can rush him and get inside, then you are going to be the winner.

So I guess it really depends on what range is being controlled by whom.

I suppose I should have thought that out a bit more before I commented.

For the Women:

+ = & a

not only that,but arms are faster than legs. multiple jabs can throw their timing and rhythm off. in the case of this particular guy, as he would slide up to kick I would shuffle out of his range and as he rechambered, move in with a jab/cross combo.

and I am talking about lead leg kicks. the jab will definitely be faster than a rear leg kick and possibly equal length.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 04-01-2007 at 06:18 PM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Kicks can be lightning quick, in themselves, but they require weight shifts and stances that telegraph them. You can usually counter a kick before it even happens if you're good at reading these things. I love round kicks. Most people freeze and block, or raise a leg to take the hit. It's better to rotate immediately in the direction of hte kick, when you see that weight shift forward onto the front leg. You'll have him in a lock in no time flat.

A puncher should always beat a kicker in my book.

And if it's going to be a front leg kick, and he has to shift his weight to kick, rotate. I don't step back, because I always think a kick is someone's most vulnerable moment. If he's back weighted, always trap, step inside and punch. You'll catch him wide open. If he manages to deflect it, lower the shoulder and power through low to the midsection (I'm not great at conventional takedowns, so I prefer shoulder tackles.....plus, the latter tends to send 'em down hard, and if it's on concrete, they're not gonna slide across the floor when they hit, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Kung Pao; 04-01-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    most of you guys are *******s who think the real kung fu artist .some body ask about something and you give him **** and talk bad about his dad ..its most of the young ones who think they know somthing .and in fact they realy dont know **** ...so why dont people on here show a little consideration to people ..your giveing martial arts a bad name you
    wow even bonthan has his own troll these days

*contemplates getting one*
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.