Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scraped my elbow grappling on concrete

scraped my elbow grappling on concrete

I figured some of you may find interest in this as we frequently discuss it. long story short, we get into it with three guys who refused to leave. I have one in a standing rnc and other bouncers have the other two. we get them outside and let them go, but one decides to swing at one of our guys. the swing was blocked, I grabbed the guy and snapped his head down. his buddies come to help him, and in all of the pushing,dude and I go down.

he was on top of me, I had him in half guard and pulled full. his buddies were being restrained by other bouncers, so I had time. I didn't wanna stay on bottom in a fight though, so I swept him. I ended up with a full mount a choked him, but in the process my elbow rubbed the concrete, scraping it. it is nothing that will kill me, but it's a pretty nice scrape. no glass was present, possibly some loose rock or gravel. no real discomfort while I was down there.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

That sucks, but in your line of work you probably can't do much striking.

You gotta watch out for rocks, too, plus you never know what crap literally is on the ground. You must have used plenty of antiseptic on the thing.

yeah they disallow strikes unless absolutely necessary. I put all sorts of crap on it, from peroxide to triple antibiotic.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I know. will you kiss it and make it better?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Yes peroxide everyone i know thinks im crazy cause I put it on flesh wounds app most ppl think its stings to much.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

OK, dumb striker question, how do you sweep from a half guard on your back? Did I understand correctly?

Is it that kind of thing where you get one hook in grab the arm on the same side and push on the opposite hip with a back arch, or something more groovy?

Is it notable that you didn't feel any pain when you did it, only noticing after the altercation?

BTW, you should cauterise that wound with a bowie knife right out of the campfire. Works a treat.

Ouch ouch ouch!

THAT'S why bouncers are supposed to wear big thick black coats!
    It's not worth a penny!

Questions for 7:

Why didn't you try to get up from being on your back when in half guard? Why did you feel the need to go to full guard first?

Was it because this is what you were taught the strategy/sequence should be - and you just did it automatically....

or did you first test the waters about escaping/reversing and decided that you needed full guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    OK, dumb striker question, how do you sweep from a half guard on your back? Did I understand correctly?

Is it that kind of thing where you get one hook in grab the arm on the same side and push on the opposite hip with a back arch, or something more groovy?

Is it notable that you didn't feel any pain when you did it, only noticing after the altercation?

BTW, you should cauterise that wound with a bowie knife right out of the campfire. Works a treat.
    I had in full guard. you can do half guard sweeps though. nah, I didn't feel it until afterward.

I carry a folder on me. I can sterilize it in our kitchen. I will try that next time.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    Ouch ouch ouch!

THAT'S why bouncers are supposed to wear big thick black coats!
    right now it's 80 degrees inside the club and out.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Have you looked into Tom Patire's CDT training? I took a seminar years ago, and the techniques were brutally effective, simple, and safe. Safe, meaning that the techniques were specifically designed with liability in mind. How you handle the situation not only physically, but verbally as well to make sure that witnesses see that you are not the aggressor. It was designed for bodyguards, bouncers, and hospital workers and security. Pretty cool stuff in my opinion.

i bruised my knees grappling on hard wood floors, but that story isnt nearly as cool.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I had in full guard. you can do half guard sweeps though. nah, I didn't feel it until afterward.

I carry a folder on me. I can sterilize it in our kitchen. I will try that next time.
    You really don't want to do that. Cauterizing something like that will make extremely bad scarring.

Thumbs up

Collar choke from mount?

You try a standing RNC on me and I'll throw you or take you down and put you in a knee bar!

Nice job, by the way.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/