Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Video

Shaolin Video

So in the past i had seen a dvd set my friend had, consisting of 10 shaolin sets. starting with xiaohongquan

im looking to collect these dvd's for comparison to the sets i know and for further insight.

i cannot seem to find these video's on martialartsmart.com or winglam.com

i thought i had previously seen them on winglam.com like a year ago, but they seem to have been pulled.

I believe it has Shi Deyang performing with explanation. so if anyone has a link to where i can at least get xiaohong and dahong to start with i would be very greatful.

any and all help greatly appreciated.

thanks.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Try Netflix. I just ordered Zhaoyang Chuan which I believe is another name for xiaohongquan. It is Shi deyang instructing. It is in Chinese though according to the description. I knew Zhaoyang Chuan from years ago. I wanted to re learn it. I should be getting it in the mail tomorrow.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Try Netflix. I just ordered Zhaoyang Chuan which I believe is another name for xiaohongquan. It is Shi deyang instructing. It is in Chinese though according to the description. I knew Zhaoyang Chuan from years ago. I wanted to re learn it. I should be getting it in the mail tomorrow.
    Zhao Yang Chuan is "Morning Sun Fist."

Xiao Hong Chuan is "Small Red Fist."

Two different forms.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

close

xcakid: we may be speaking of a different set, BUT, netflix does have the dvd's i want.

i do not belong to netflix, will they sell me the dvd's or is it rent only?

i would like to own these
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

zhao yang quan is same as chao yang quan.

xiao hong quan is a different form in the same shaolin system.

de yang has instructional dvds for both of these forms, as well as da hong quan and many others. you cannot purchase them on netlfix but you can get them from many online stores, usually for no more than 15 bucks. try www.yesasia.com or www.hkflix.com

Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    zhao yang quan is same as chao yang quan.

xiao hong quan is a different form in the same shaolin system.

de yang has instructional dvds for both of these forms, as well as da hong quan and many others. you cannot purchase them on netlfix but you can get them from many online stores, usually for no more than 15 bucks. try www.yesasia.com or www.hkflix.com
    thank you very much for those links
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

not sure if these are the ones your looking for but there are a lot of shaolin videos here: http://www.plumpub.com/sales/dvd_title.htm#sl

Their online order form is NOT secure so if you do order from these guys, don't do it via the web.
    Last edited by Chief Fox; 04-03-2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    not sure if these are the ones your looking for but there are a lot of shaolin videos here: http://www.plumpub.com/sales/dvd_title.htm#sl

Their online order form is NOT secure so if you do oder from these guys, don't do it via the web.
    THE BEST place to get VCDs of all the Shaolin sets is www.plumpub.com/sales ,
    they are fast and accurate and great prices, the other sites have much higher prices.
    If you can't find what you want at Plum, the next best one is www.cmaod.com
    there rest you can forget about, tooooo expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post

Their online order form is NOT secure so if you do order from these guys, don't do it via the web.
    You can pay them via paypal instead, which is great!

I think those are no longer available

If you're talking about the ten Shaolin forms from the video series that the Abbot released around 2000, the only place that carried them in the U.S was WLE. It was a series that included Xiaohongquan (small red fist), Dahongquan (big red fist), Tongbiquan (through arms fist), Liuhequan (six harmonies fist), Changquan (long fist), Changhuxinyimen (long protect heart will gate), Qixingquan (seven star fist), Meihuaquan (plum flower fist), Paoquan (cannon fist), Lohanquan (arhat fist). Now these were not the Deyang series. That's another one. This series featured a variety of Shaolin masters, not all monks even, if memory serves. The main reason that I think you're looking for this series is because it was a set of 10.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

****it gene

ya i think those are the ones gene.

so they are no longer available? lame.

well, thanks to the rest of you for those links. ill check them all out.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

actually, i KNOW those are the vids gene.

of course my luck makes them no longer available
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

thanks again for the responses guys.

i decided to be lazy and american and pay extra at that yesasia.com sight.

i got the Shi Deyang dvd's

free shippings for my expensive gear!
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    xcakid: we may be speaking of a different set, BUT, netflix does have the dvd's i want.

i do not belong to netflix, will they sell me the dvd's or is it rent only?

i would like to own these

They will sell it to you. But you have to have membership unfortunately.

And yes I guess we were talking about different forms. Sorry about that. I really do need to associate the Chinese and English names to these forms. Gene, thanks for the translations.

Glad someone found them for you.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I heard that they were replaced by another series

This is just hearsay, mind you. Trying to keep up with what's happening with Chinese VCD/DVDs is very challenging, especially when Shaolin is concerned. IMO, Deyang's series was stronger, just because I really enjoy watching Deyang's interpretations of the forms. He embodies that certain traditional Shaolin-ness that I really admire. But I liked this earlier ten series too, mostly because it showcased some different masters like the folk masters.

xcakid: Those translations are from an old e-zine article of mine. See Bak Sil Lum vs. Shaolin Temple #3: Who's Got the Real Shaolin Kungfu? for reference.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart