Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the End to the "Real" Tai Shing Pek Kwar Controversy

the End to the "Real" Tai Shing Pek Kwar Controversy

I have found a video of Paulie Zink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LuDyoI5_Y

Now you may decide for yourself!!!

That was pretty bad

Talking oh...wow

He's "amazing".

Was that supposed to be monkey style?

WF

Oh brother!!!

Greetings,

This was from the Panther video series. Zink was to show the five complete forms but welched and showed 1 segment from each style and then edited them together to make it look like one form. I purchased this tape and after seeing that I wanted to reach into the television and squeeze his neck until his head popped.

I am still looking to learn quantum palm and claw technique so I can make that happen. Until then, I am keeping that video near.

mickey

Contortionist?

That guy is AMAZINGLY flexible. And whether or not it was good kung fu, he's got some strong legs.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    That guy is AMAZINGLY flexible. And whether or not it was good kung fu, he's got some strong legs.

i agree. his felixibilty is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

not bad, I can't do it

whether or not something is hard to do has zero bearing on its applicability.

tere are a lot of things in many styles that are of some difficulty, but then, gymnastics can be difficult as well and yet, there is little in the way of martial applicability to it.

acrobatics and so on are a demonstration of mastery over ones body. But not necessarily mastery at the art of empty hand combat.

recognize.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hmmmm....?????

Have any of you studied or even met master Paulie Zink?

I mean it is easy to look at a video and criticize someone without actually studying with or even meeting them in person.

I wonder if any of you would say the same if you met or studied with him. Anyway I know there is a great amount of debate regarding politics and such here but I think that this is non-intrinsic and takes away from the facts of the situation.

I have met him and a good friend of mine studied with him for a time .....he is truely amazing.

I know that there are a few people on this board that have negative feelings toward the man because of what they know or think of him personally, but the facts about his skill are not changed by this .

Familarity breeds contempt.

I've posted the true story of Zink on here at least five times, too tired to re-type it but you probably can find it....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I've posted the true story of Zink on here at least five times, too tired to re-type it but you probably can find it....
    you would not hear the true story of paulie zink even from him!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Have any of you studied or even met master Paulie Zink?

I mean it is easy to look at a video and criticize someone without actually studying with or even meeting them in person.

I wonder if any of you would say the same if you met or studied with him. Anyway I know there is a great amount of debate regarding politics and such here but I think that this is non-intrinsic and takes away from the facts of the situation.

I have met him and a good friend of mine studied with him for a time .....he is truely amazing.

I know that there are a few people on this board that have negative feelings toward the man because of what they know or think of him personally, but the facts about his skill are not changed by this .

Familarity breeds contempt.

Just looking at him doing his thing shows us that he is not doing TSPK.

Hi tattoedmonk,

My comments were about what Paulie Zink failed to deliver with a particular tape. I really do like his flexibility. It is his business methods that suck. With regard to the controversy about him since Chan Sau Chung came to North America, given what he did on that tape, I consider it a karmic comeuppance.

Again, I love his flexibility. And I am not being sarcastic.

Sincerely,

mickey

PS: You should look at that particular tape. You will see how the guy flipped his script. Then you will understand my rage over what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Just looking at him doing his thing shows us that he is not doing TSPK.
    How so?? I mean many styles have different branches.