Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My videos Training Shuai Jiao Beijing

Blog Entries
    Sport SC is the same as Judo match except no ground fight. Combat SC has the same rules as the modern Sanda or Sanshou match except there is no 3 seconds holding limitation and the winning is only by "knock down" or "throw down" without extra points for kicks or punches.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-08-2007 at 02:52 PM.

scoring is different between judo and san shou.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    what do you think of shuai jiao compared to your former judo training?

I can't watch youtube videos at work, so I'll give em a watch when I get home.
    Hi Budhitree Shuai Jiao uses more strengh I think Where judo a little more angles. Also there is no ground work in Shuai Jiao. There are alot of solo type training that Shuai Jiao has that judo des not have. Both are great. I don't like one better then the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Nice clips thanks! MAy I ask who your teacher is?
    Also do you have any idea how they made the throwing dummies in the corner?
    Thanks
    Jake
    Hi Three Harmonies my teacher is Liu Lao Shi. I don't know about the dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by yuxian View Post
    Nice clips, thanks. Are there any clips available of shuaijiao tournaments in China?
    Yuxian I've seen some on youtube if you search around you can find them. I have asked my coach about then because I want to compete. He said he will let me know when he finds out when the next one is.

Thanks Wiz!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Exactly!!!!!

knife fighter i appreciate what you say. some of the stuff they can work on like keeping the hands up. but when you practice throws do you drop guys on their heads? i know we dont drop people on the head even though the intention is that.

then agian how often do you see kung fu schools practicing with full speed and power punches? msot of it is repetitive actions where you learn nothing. there lies a problem.

plus what did he say he trained for? 11 months? it wasnt bad for that. i met an old school hard core sc guy in hang zhou wish i could have spent time with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    knife fighter i appreciate what you say. some of the stuff they can work on like keeping the hands up. but when you practice throws do you drop guys on their heads? i know we dont drop people on the head even though the intention is that.

then agian how often do you see kung fu schools practicing with full speed and power punches? msot of it is repetitive actions where you learn nothing. there lies a problem.

plus what did he say he trained for? 11 months? it wasnt bad for that. i met an old school hard core sc guy in hang zhou wish i could have spent time with him.
    he was being sarcastic. Earth Dragon and several other guys on this forum talk about how SC us used for the purpose of throwing someone on their head. period. then in this clip, none of that is shown - it looks similar to judo, which is what we have been saying all along.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    he was being sarcastic. Earth Dragon and several other guys on this forum talk about how SC us used for the purpose of throwing someone on their head. period. then in this clip, none of that is shown - it looks similar to judo, which is what we have been saying all along.

i realized that after i wrote it. i didnt read the 3 pages before posting. :-P i do that too much on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.