Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Form clip

Dragon Form clip

Is this considred a Taoist set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHqzKCBn7Y&NR=1
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I think it is considered a wushu set.
    A unique snowflake

That dude got some serious air on his jump spinning rev crescent. or maybe its just the camera angle.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Thumbs down

WUSHU SET

(meaningless words down here to make the post long enough)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Longhuaquan is a part of Wudang Sanfengpai along with Xuanwu, Xiaoyao and other sets. The performance is though a little more on the Modern Wushu side of things.

Regards
    Wu Chanlong

Is this another wushu player that the chinese government dresses up to look like some type of taoist monk at one of their kung fu land attractions? See shaolin temple, wudang temple, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    WUSHU SET

(meaningless words down here to make the post long enough)

lol like trad sets are worth any more than modern ones haha

here is the smae guy doing trad long quan tho if ur interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inck0Pp9lA4
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

The guy is really good no question. I was just wondering if its real wudang or "lets get the lo faan tourists to come" wudang.

One big difference is that wushu performers are doing the set based on looking cool and the movements can be easily seen to be meaningless in terms of combat application in technique and in power generation.
    Traditional sets are not very flashy, if at all, and are kind of boring to the untrained eye. They involve combat applications, developmental aspects, and generation of body mechanics.
    That dragon set was void of anything I could see in terms of power generation and combat application. Mostly just flailiing and trying to look like something instead of trying to feel and be something...
    A unique snowflake

The difference between REAL traditional long fist and this crap is pretty simple, traditional long fist is basicly kicks and punches done from grounded stances, a lot more pratical than learning to run real fast into a jumping turning outside crescent kick
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

For those that might be interested here is the same guy shown in some other videos. Doing some Wudang Parkour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwI6WK6gNHk and then some Wudang Sanshou type Taiji? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzl8uzOMtTw

Why should Wudang be any different then Shaolin and it's not only influence from Wushu it's pop culture also, China is changing and it's only natural that artists like this 'Wudang' person should follow suit. It least it's better then some of the things that have happened to CMA in the west, watered down beyond recognition and sold to soccer moms at strip malls as baby sitting alternative.
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

i always find moves performed with much better intent and speed in wushu than trad

still

neither compares to sparring
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i always find moves performed with much better intent and speed in wushu than trad

still

neither compares to sparring
    it depends on the player i guess. ive just seen to many modern wushu people with poor intention.

i guess that would stem from someone not learning full applications and practicing them.

but i guess it goes both ways
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

The intention is wrong...the head whipping, the flailing...it's for performance...that is the type of intent.

Many traditional sets are not designed to be done at a full speed. They are not your basis for fighting...they are training tools. Sparring and drills are the way you train to fight.

It doesn't matter how fast I go in a form because that is not a direct carry-over to combat. You generally don't fight like you do a form...
    They are faster and they do jump higher...but I'm sure the cirque de soleil do as well!

To me wushu has taken the form element and drawn it to its logical conclusion...doing it solely for performance and show. Forms are one peice of a comprehensive traditional martial arts training program...by no means do they or should they take prescedence over other types of training...but I feel they do belong there.

When I do a traditional form the focus is on correct mechanics, and driving my body and intent towards an objective which is an explosive strike and/or evasive maneuver.

Some of those guys look like they watch too many movies and want to impress people whereas if you look at combat oriented TCMA or even marital arts in general, they do not look like that at all when they spar...not to say there are not different expressions, but not everything you see is what is ideal or functional.
    A unique snowflake

The difference between REAL traditional long fist and this crap is pretty simple, traditional long fist is basicly kicks and punches done from grounded stances, a lot more pratical than learning to run real fast into a jumping turning outside crescent kick

Reply]
    My Tai Tzu sets are more techniques done from grounded stances. However, I have seen some traditional Chan fist sets that do run, jump and kick.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a