Thread: Noob to NPM

Noob to NPM

Hello everyone,

I am new to NPM. I just started at the beginning of the month. I have previous experience in Kajukenbo (2nd dan) and American Kenpo (Purple). I am anxious in learning NPM and will be asking quite a bit of questions. I am glad that I found this forum. Let the fun begin!

MD

MD
    Welcome. You will find KFO a bit on the goofy side. If you want more indepth conversation and what not make sure to check out the Mantis Quarterly Forum www.mantisquarterly.com/forum
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Welcome Masherdong,

Jake is exactly right. From time to time people make posts without actually thinking first about what it is they are saying. Always read skeptically.

In this case Jake has unknowingly made a very nice example of himself. Basically everyone that posts on the MQ forum has and continues to post on this forum too, Jake included. If he thinks this forum lacks in-depth conversation then how would the other one be any different?

Cheers,
    Nate

LOL!!!

I'm glad to see that the bickering is still going strong.

Masherdong, Qixing Tanglang has shown you why Jake said what he said. There is a lot of this garbage you have to weed through to get to the meat and potatos of the convos on this site. You will better serve your need to grow by visiting the quarterly site, at least there you get useful info, not rival bs.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Dudes first post and already some knuckle head is talking **** to me! Let me guess, one of Kai's group??

Jeez
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Welcome to the forum...i've learned ALOT here, and yea while there IS some BS theres lots of good info...and i checked out that site that they mentioned and it looks great too. But there are definantly some knowledgable people here too

True knowledge is not found on a forum. Forums are not a forum of true knowledge.

Let me tell you a true story that happened about three hours ago:

A mantis wimpled into my dojo in search of prey during the middle of our Golden **** chi gong class. A gold sash in the corner, a really fit babe with auburn hair, approached me to ask a question. I spied the luckless mantid with my heightened seventh sense training, and executed a forward shoulder roll out of a ferocious swan dive from my Shaolin Ninjitsu, displayed in the form Shaolin Crane Eats the Monkey's Paw, a movement called: Hoisting the Petard. I scooped up the mantis to save it from being crushed, right as her left foot nearly killed the insect. Frightened and startled, the mantis bit into my flesh. When the gold sash, named Evelyn, saw what had happened, she scolded the mantid: "He saved your life, you selfish cretin."

I reproved her, saying: "Who is the cretin, the mantid that bites the hand of the Buddah, or the buddah that bites the mantid of the mind, and yields no fruit?"

She bowed in humility and returned to her Golden ****, and we scheduled some private lessons after class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    True knowledge is not found on a forum. Forums are not a forum of true knowledge.

A mantis wimpled into my dojo in search of prey during the middle of our Golden **** chi gong class. A gold sash in the corner, a really fit babe with auburn hair, approached me to ask a question. I spied the luckless mantid with my heightened seventh sense training, and executed a forward shoulder roll out of a ferocious swan dive from my Shaolin Ninjitsu, displayed in the form Shaolin Crane Eats the Monkey's Paw, a movement called: Hoisting the Petard. I scooped up the mantis to save it from being crushed, right as her left foot nearly killed the insect. Frightened and startled, the mantis bit into my flesh. When the gold sash, named Evelyn, saw what had happened, she scolded the mantid: "He saved your life, you selfish cretin."

I reproved her, saying: "Who is the cretin, the mantid that bites the hand of the Buddah, or the buddah that bites the mantid of the mind, and yields no fruit?"

She bowed in humility and returned to her Golden ****, and we scheduled some private lessons after class.

EXACTLY!!!
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post

This forum has a new King Troll.

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

Mantis Cave

Hi,

Reading your signature:

"Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it"

Not sure if it is a joke. But if I need to change a spelling in your name let me know. Keep in mind that English is not my first language... not even the second one.

By the way, your other phrase on the signature about "special olympics" is not even close to funny.

Best regards

Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by argentino View Post
    By the way, your other phrase on the signature about "special olympics" is not even close to funny.
    Internet humor is a cultivated taste, like a fine wine or a fermented cow organ. You'll get used to it.

Mantis cave,

1. You didn't mis-spell it, the people who gave it to you did.

2. It's funny in English. It makes fun of people arguing on the Internet, it does not target the mentaly dis-abled.

Quote Originally Posted by argentino View Post
    Hi,

Reading your signature:

"Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it"

Not sure if it is a joke. But if I need to change a spelling in your name let me know. Keep in mind that English is not my first language... not even the second one.

Best regards

Fernando

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

I did not think it is funny because it is so **** true!!
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Qixing Tanglang View Post
    Welcome Masherdong,

Jake is exactly right. From time to time people make posts without actually thinking first about what it is they are saying. Always read skeptically.

In this case Jake has unknowingly made a very nice example of himself. Basically everyone that posts on the MQ forum has and continues to post on this forum too, Jake included. If he thinks this forum lacks in-depth conversation then how would the other one be any different?

Cheers,
    Nate
    I think he may have meant that the conversations get more in depth there. That's how I read it. Trust Jake in things mantis.