Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of this set ?

what do you think of this set ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7YRvrB0gHA
    now sure the head movement is exaggerated
    but if u changed that who else thinks this set is just as good if not better than most ????
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Angry

Unfortunately, this is yet another example of modern Wushu BS. I have a friend who does traditional Fanzi from Beijing with a verifiable lineage. It's nothing like this carp.

Being fast or moving fast in Fanzi isn't about frailing around like a mad person. This is just a dance and an insult to the traditional stuff.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Smile

This would be more like the traditional styles (not the same but ...) that I am talking about:

Chuo Jiao Fanzi

Mantis108

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

how many of her strikes do you think would bounce off you?

im betting most if not all
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

she was a championship fanzi boxer for modern wushu. as for it resembling traditional i have never seen traditional fanzi, most of them dont represent it. even the mantis . er the long fist used to a bit.

edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkf04dnaLvE does this resembel the real toad kung fu?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108 View Post
    This would be more like the traditional styles (not the same but ...) that I am talking about:

Chuo Jiao Fanzi

Mantis108
    nice, i like i like
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Chuo Jiao Fanzi

Mantis108
    thats got a bit of a wushu thing goin on there
    even a break dance step or 2

have u seen the 4 or 5 long chuo jiao vids i posted on the sticky
    INSANE! lol
    take a look
    as for the girl u gotta admire her speed no and i saw some legitamate strikes in there aswell
    done slower and without the whole head whipping thing
    what then ?

Thumbs down

I am sorry, Wushu Champion means d!ck all to me. Anybody can be a wushu champion as long as he or she has a good report with the judges panel or well connected in the community. The thing with this so called Fanzi boxing "champion" is that if you take away her supposed speed and agility, which is not that great or impressive either, she has nothing left in her form. Nothing in her form, especially the way she does it, can translate into real technique let alone allowing her do fajing and strike properly.

Wushu Champion, a dime a dozen, big freak'n deal. (sorry if I offended anyone but that's just the honest truth).

Mantis108

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

In what sense do you mean that this set is "better than most?" Where is this value judgment coming from?

speed wise intent wise

i see a whole load of forms (southern sets especcially) where performeers just go through the motions and never really put anything that i coulod see working in there

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    thats got a bit of a wushu thing goin on there
    even a break dance step or 2

have u seen the 4 or 5 long chuo jiao vids i posted on the sticky
    INSANE! lol
    take a look
    as for the girl u gotta admire her speed no and i saw some legitamate strikes in there aswell
    done slower and without the whole head whipping thing
    what then ?
    Well, if you feel subjectively positive about wushu BS is going to help to attain high level of CMA, by all means it's your right.

As for break dancing move, I suppose you are talking about the 0.08 s into the clip. But check out this 8 years old kid doing MMA. Look at how he does the same kick from the ground as he pops up from a defensive ground position.

8 Years only MMA clip

The kid might not be a fast as the Fanzi champion but I would put my house on the kid that he would mop the floor with the lady in a fight any day.

At the end of the day, don't get all hype up by the modern Wushu champion bu ll Sh!t. My take is keep things real.

Regards

Mantis108

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Well, if you feel subjectively positive about wushu BS is going to help to attain high level of CMA, by all means it's your right.

As for break dancing move, I suppose you are talking about the 0.08 s into the clip. But check out this 8 years old kid doing MMA. Look at how he does the same kick from the ground as he pops up from a defensive ground position.

8 Years only MMA clip

The kid might not be a fast as the Fanzi champion but I would put my house on the kid that he would mop the floor with the lady in a fight any day.

At the end of the day, don't get all hype up by the modern Wushu champion bu ll Sh!t. My take is keep things real.

Regards

Mantis108
    8 yr old vs fanzi champ. lets see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    speed wise intent wise
    So it's the performance you're referring to rather than the choreography? Fair enough. I'd agree that her performance is very good. What's the purpose of pointing that out?

Blog Entries
    The value of the forms is for "teaching" and "learning" only, it's not for "practicing" and "pleasing the judges and audience".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-09-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Modern Wushu

I have seen a lot of contemporary wushu and each time I see it, I appreciate it for what it is. Gymnastics with just a hint of martial like movements and postures. I note that the martial-moves seem to reduce each year. I always admire their athleticism, agility and co-ordination. Has pretty much nothing in common with my Kung Fu however.

I was at the Wong Fei Hong/ Yim Man memorial in Fatsan in January and noticed they now have a lion dance and martial art demonstration. Being a Hung Gar guy, I was dead keen to see some Gung Gi, Fu Hok etc.

Disappointed is an understatement. These guys busted out some modern wushu form, akin to this woman's demo. Heck, their wushu was not even that good. We'd just come from Tianjin Chin Woo and seen some absolutely amazing Wushu.

Of all places to see modern wushu, the Wong Fei Hong memorial museum.

Disappointed, my sifu, sibak and I approached the guys after they had finished to see if they actually knew any Hung Gar. None whatsoever. Told us that the visitors don't appreciate it as much as modern wushu. Hang on....most visitors know who WFH was, are probably there cause of the WFH connection and that he was a Hung Gar master....would they not want to see Hung Gar instead of modern wushu.

I am still livered at this however there is a happy ending to this tale. Turns out that their Si Hing did know some Hung Gar stuff and he was nice enough to come out of the 'office' and demo for us. He was pretty sharp too.