Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee worship

how do you guys think lee would fair against the mma fighters of today ?

i personally think lee wouldn't last 5 minutes against someone like cro cop
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

lee would probably be coaching...

but were he in his prime, who knows. if he were around today im sure he would be training with the best MMA fighters he could find.

so who really knows, regardless of if he was an actor, a martial artist, or a fighter, he showed more drive and dedication to what ever endeavor he persued than most people you will ever meet. so if he were rolling with the best and putting 100%....against his own weight class, i doubt he would be a total push over like lee haters want you to think.

thats evident from just looking at his life in general without any "mysteries" or any of that dumb crap.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post

Jim Brown in his prime probably couldn't hang with modern running backs like Tiki Barber or Jamal Lewis, either.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

They'd kick my ass.

Feel free to continue the worship, though.
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

cjurakpt Guest
    he was what he was: hardly invincible (as some seem still to hold him out as being), but certainly an innovator for his time; without doubt he was gifted in many ways; that said, "if" he were around today in his prime, while I think he'd hold his own, especially in his own weight division, he wouldn't be nearly as singular a stand-out as he was 35 years ago - of course, in a way, he is at least partially responsible for the changes that have occurred, in a sense creating the very conditions that would make him less of an anomaly...

Most people around just seem to need to find somebody to worship as if the person didn't crap like anybody else and die like anybody else, or have faults or problems, don't you think?

Queens, kings, princesses, empresses, emperors, presidents, Hollywood Royalty, Paris Hilton, Beckham, whoever ...

So for martial arts it's Bruce Lee for a lot of people, right?
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-10-2007 at 02:30 PM.

This is 100% true, I swear. Before Lee's death, he was working on a new style. He was inspired by a obscure Southern Chinese hand puppet, based upon lobster heads, to create a more efficient style, but designed for children to learn. He would have used the lobster head puppet style to create a whole new generation of Chinese fighters

right Chris!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    This is 100% true, I swear. Before Lee's death, he was working on a new style. He was inspired by a obscure Southern Chinese hand puppet, based upon lobster heads, to create a more efficient style, but designed for children to learn. He would have used the lobster head puppet style to create a whole new generation of Chinese fighters

right Chris!
    I deny it - I have no idea what you are talking about Dave

(private note to all in the Brotherhood: Ross is to be shunned)

This makes sense seeing how Lee weighed in at about 135lbs. (That's 20lbs lighter than the light weights in the UFC) and Crocop is a heavy weight.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    This makes sense seeing how Lee weighed in at about 135lbs. (That's 20lbs lighter than the light weights in the UFC) and Crocop is a heavy weight.
    Do you really think Crocop could catch him? It seems like the match would be a lot of BL dancing around the ring getting off a shot now and then, and Crocop trying to keep up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    Do you really think Crocop could catch him?
    Yes I do. And at his weight, Lee would probably fly 10 rows out of the ring when he did!
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    Yes I do. And at his weight, Lee would probably fly 10 rows out of the ring when he did!
    I don't think Crocop could catch him. But yeah, if he did, it's highly doubtful BL would survive. There would be a BL sandwich lying broken on the mat.

The Steroids of today are awesome and undetectible mostly; why compare an athlete of the 70's with those of today ? They did not have the drugs etc to make them great. If they of today did not take the modern drugs of today they wouldnt be where they are look at Lance Armstrong for example. Thje training of the 70's was much more intense than today so give them the roids and no telling what would have been. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

this is beginning to look like one of those "who would win chuck norris or batman?" arguments u had when u were a kid

lol
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.