Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan's Disciples

Somewhere on the Northen Hemisphere of the planet Terra.
    BRILLIANT!!!

The website I mentioned in my last entry still hasn't been updated yet, but hopefully they will soon. I'll bet Jack makes the "Top 3" as well.

We think the finale will be July 28th.

Reality shows have been on hold because of all the catastrophes in China. Disciple was originally scheduled to conclude this month, but now, it's been pushed back. Of course, this too is subject to change.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, July 28th's as good a guess as any. I just heard from Jerry that the final episode (scheduled to air live) has been moved to late July for the very reasons you suggested.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    --- Mohandas Ghandi

heh heh...

I gotta amend that...
    Now I'm hearing that it'll be Sept 27th, after a 2nd round. I guess we'll know how it goes when we see it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

sux for jerry. on his myspace blog jery talked about doing a tv show out there in september. poor guys never coming back to the states.

Ok, now I'm hearing that it ends this weekend after all.

I'm hearing that there are seven left, which will be narrowed down to five winners. I thought there were only five left. I just heard from an agent of one of the other finalists, not Jack or Jerry. It was a cold call and he told me his boy won. I was like, it's not over. But then, reality shows are always a little suspect.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It's down to five but it's not over

Here are some links. They made a short film titled the Game as part of the competition.

Clips of The Game

more clips
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Jack

Here's an extended clip of Jack Tu's work in Disciple. I'm sure there's one for each of the guys, but I didn't dig for Jerry's.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jaiyo to Jack N' Jerry!

Fantastic! Jack's always fun to watch and I wish him the best of luck during the final rounds. The program may have finished filming already, but I don't care. Jaiyo, Jack!

Since I'm also rooting for Jerry, I found the URL to his "Disciple" vignette (below) just as Gene did for Jack. I think I particularly liked the way he handled the more complicated stunts and being set on fire!

http://www.openv.com/play/BTV1prog_2...6395205_0.html

I tried to find the OpenV vid showcasing the most recent episode of the disciple (it featured a special vignette for every one of the five finalists), but that one appears to have been removed. I can't understand a word of the dialogue, but I can basically work out what's going on. The skits're fun to watch, especially the ones where Jerry looks supercool and Jack appears to be high on speed. Seriously, that guy's so fast, I can hardly tell what he's doing sometimes.

What did the rest of you think of the latest turnout?

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    --- Mohandas Ghandi

I hear the final is Sunday...

...this Sunday! It's supposed to happen on the Great Wall. One will be chosen. I still have my money on Jack (but I'm biased and you all know that).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That makes sense. I just read on Facebook that Jack will be holding a wushu seminar on the 3rd of August, but I couldn't understand how he would do something like that if he were in Beijing. With that in mind, I assumed that they'd probably finished filming the last episode by now, but since it'll be filmed live, that would be highly improbable. Anyway, I assume that once this episode is finished, the contestants will be permitted to return to their homes for a time. Jerry usually posts updates on a regular basis, but I haven't heard anything from him as of yet. Since Jack hardly ever updates his sites, it tends to stand out whenever he does post something.

I'm still rooting for Jack N' Jerry, so I hope things turn out the way I've intended. I'll be checking this site come Sunday night for updates.

--- Mohandas Ghandi

Well, as Marlin and Dory so eloquently put it (with my editorial work) in "Finding Nemo":

"He did it! He did it! Oh, yeah yeah yeah! He made it to the top! Wooo...!
    ...Made it to the top! He really made it to the top! He's the Disciple!" LOL

Jack Tu is officially the winner of "The Disciple"! I swear, if I ever bothered to bet some real money on this guy, I'd make a fortune! I knew that kid was good the first time I saw him!

Jerry did an incredible job too! He got third place as well as a most improved award! Aiya!

Check this out if you want proof: http://long.btv.com.cn/long/index.htm http://ent.qq.com/a/20080727/000085.htm http://www.zs-114.com/commercehtm/20...0727092744.htm

I'll post some videos of the event once I've found them. Jaiyo and have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by LaylaConn; 07-29-2008 at 11:12 PM.

--- Mohandas Ghandi

even thou jack got the top prize its kinda like all three won

according to wu-jing.org, the three will be staring in three films togather with jack playing the lead and the other to supporting. and all three will be leads in a tv show. stanly tong and peter pau are set to produce the films for more info:

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/ar...-Disciple.html

jerry's choreagraphy

i met jerry through his sifu, henry moy yee and my sigung (who technically is not my sigung, since i haven't trained under his student in 10 years) tak wah eng. he was 17 and doing choreagraphy with his kung fu brother and sister. i gave him his first shot to do choreagraphy in a short film i did called "the hit". and liked it so much i brang him back to do choreagraphy and play a bit role in my feature film "under the gun", he gets shot and killed in the film by the rival hitman of his older brother in the film. you can see some samples of jerry's choreagraphy in the trailer here:http://youtube.com/watch?v=t8FOIe6N-rU

between 00:58 and 1:05 is some of jerry's stuff. don't want to spam as i have the trailer and footage on another thread. but i'll just post the trailer her anyway(forgive me for that gene)

Now I'm ECSTATIC!

Thanks for the link, Doug. At first I thought it was just Jack who got to take part in the films. I'm glad to know that I was wrong. This is terrific for Jerry and the rest of the "disciples"!

I'm very happy to see that Jack earned his place in the final. This was so obviously his year - being a Rat and all. I always thought there was something special about that kid.

BTW, I really liked Jerry's choreography. It actually looked pretty convincing. Love the hair.

Jaiyo to Jack, Jerry, and all the Disciples! I can hardly wait to see what happens with the films.

--- Mohandas Ghandi