Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan's Disciples

Well, Jack Tu is a friend.

And had Jerry won, I would have asked you Doug, to do an interview for us.

Here's a Jackie news piece that ties into the Disciple. It confirms the Shaolin TV show. I'm curious if Jerry is one of the three?

Jackie Chan Named Honorary Professor by U.S. College
    2008-09-04 13:05:49

Hong Kong action superstar Jackie Chan has been awarded an honorary professorship by an American art school, Savannah College of Art and Design.

Chan accepted the honor at a ceremony held in Hong Kong on Wednesday, Sina.com.cn reports.

The purpose of crowning him an honorary professor is to commend his contributions to education and charity work worldwide, the report says.

Chan will sponsor the three top winners of the competition "The Disciple," which was jointly launched by Chan and Beijing Television to scout for upcoming action talents, to study at the college.

Chan also revealed a plan to produce a new television series about the Shaolin Temple in October.
    Savannah College of Art and Design
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

well he just went back to china a week or so ago, so maybe. if he has to go back to college i know he's going to be P.O.'d, now i have to send him a message pointing my finger and laughing. no but seriously i think he mentioned something about the tv show(i think, i tried to talk to him about other things then the disciple stuff, he had like a million people talking to him about it.). i remember we we talked about doing a play about wong fei hung, with him as Wong (this was before disciples and during the comp when they had a break), but my schedule was all tied up and now his is. so weather we do that or not all the depends on the timing.

coweb interview

hung yan yan is interviewed by hong kong cinemagic about coweb the film that features jackie chan disciple alumni jiang lu xia: Coweb

From Jack Tu

Somehow, I don't think this is a JCE project.

The Forgotten Jewel
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Seven Disciples: Jackie Chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXAx8f-Qpg&feature=fvw

yuan family Chinese drama/theatrical school.

recognise any one you know.

I meant WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJL5j...eature=related

wushu durnken sword entering the show.

Last edited by SPJ; 12-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.

my boy jerry liau...won third place on that thing. he is the third closest to jackie on the right side.

The Seven Little Fortunes. There were actually about 14 (stand ins etc).
    Good to see Sammo and Yuen Wah on there. Sammo used most of them (Yuen Biao, Corey Yuen, Yuen Tak, Yuen Bun, Yuen Wah, Yuen Mo, Meng Yuen Man) in his action team during the 1970's and 80's(plus guys from the other opera school run by Madam Fan Fok Fa) and the movies he did with Jackie.
    There was a Shaw Bros movie from the late 80's called "Painted Faces" that is based on Yu Jim Yuens opera school.
    Worth a watch.

actually i think that was a golden harvest film, with sammo hung playing the yu jim yuen himself.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    actually i think that was a golden harvest film, with sammo hung playing the yu jim yuen himself.
    Might have been but I am sure it was on the Celestial Shaw Bros release schedule a while back.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

Some good roles in there too. Cheng Pei Pei as Madame Fan Fok Fa and a nice role for Lam Ching Ying too. Love the fact that the "Jackie" character is called "big nose"

It appears to be a co-production:

Leonard Ho (Golden Harvest)
    Mona Fong (Shaw Bros)

it was def. golden harvest...idk why it was on some celestial shaw bros. guess they figured people wouldnt care.