Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mma fighter gets reality check

mma fighter gets reality check

Guess this is what happens when your attitude overshadows the real world and people don't automatically subjugate themselves to the bad$$ reality you perceive yourself to live in.

If you read the article you can see this guy had some issues and felt his fighter lifestyle extended into the realm of dumbf@ckery.

It's not as bad as what happened to Alex Gong and his headtrip about chasing down car thiefs but whatever.

http://www.wrestling-news.com/artman...cle_3312.shtml

that was his wwe hot headedness coming out of him. in any event, hopefully he learned something. now he's 1 - 2 in the ring and 0 - 1 in teh 57R337.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

This is exactly what I have been talking about on this BB for years. There is a difference between a duel and a REAL fight with REAL bad guys. The bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. They prefer any down and dirty form of attack including sneaking up on you with surprise attacks. The assailant probably would have had his clock cleaned in the ring, but in the real world surprise and tactics are used to ensure victory and bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. The result here is a possibly ended career.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is exactly what I have been talking about on this BB for years. There is a difference between a duel and a REAL fight with REAL bad guys. The bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. They prefer any down and dirty form of attack including sneaking up on you with surprise attacks. The assailant probably would have had his clock cleaned in the ring, but in the real world surprise and tactics are used to ensure victory and bad guys will do whatever it takes to win. The result here is a possibly ended career.
    It's not like most MA schools would prepare anybody better, would they? With what little apps practice they have.

At any rate, whatever. The problem with TMA IMHO is just teachers and lack of apps practice. The solution -- there is no solution, is there? There will probably just be a proliferation of MMA schools.

Hi Neil,

Well that has always been my point. The MMA crowd likes to criticize TCM and my point has been that they are not necessarily any more prepared than anyone else.

You must understand your enemy in order to be prepared to fare well against them in combat!

Hi Neil,

Well that has always been my point. The MMA crowd likes to criticize TCM and my point has been that they are not necessarily any more prepared than anyone else.

You must understand your enemy in order to be prepared to fare well against them in combat!
    Somehow admitting that everyone sucks doesn't seem to help matters any.

It's not like most MA schools would prepare anybody better, would they? With what little apps practice they have

There is a big difference between traditional ma, mma and the context of enviromental self defense. Both traditional ma and mma players act like they have the specific banknote to dealing with violent crime.

The hyperactiveness of crime goes far beyond the physical side of traditional martial art applications and how ring fight conditioning leads to better warriors. The best path is in the middle of the road where you have the most room to be heedfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post

There is a big difference between traditional ma, mma and the context of enviromental self defense. Both traditional ma and mma players act like they have the specific banknote to dealing with violent crime.

The hyperactiveness of crime goes far beyond the physical side of martial art applications and ring fight conditioning debates. The best path is in the middle of the road where you have the most room to be heedfull.
    All these discussions are just stupid. Guns win fights. Fights don't win fights.

Bottom line is who cares if BJJ or MMA would beat anything? People with guns kill people. People without guns die.

Bottom line is who cares if BJJ or MMA would beat anything? People with guns kill people. People without guns die
    That's not what I am talking about. It's about making smart lifestyle choices.

Well, I'm sure alcohol played a huge role in all of this. Intoxication diminsihes any amount of training you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

in before lock
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    That's not what I am talking about. It's about making smart lifestyle choices.
    Oh, you mean not being an angry 'roid head... That's another issue entirely. LOL

people are ass holes before they use gear. gear just makes them bigger ass holes. and i mean that litterally ... they are simply larger d1ckheads. roid rage is a myth.

getting that out of the way i dont see what this proves. some dude got jacked. it happens. maybe it was the element of surprise as scott was saying, maybe it was a lucky punch, or maybe the guy he picked on just happened to be a real bad ass who could hit like a truck. not everyone who can throw a punch has a professional ring career.
    where's my beer?

bad guys will do whatever it takes to win.
    not just bad guys. smart people will do whatever it takes as well.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    people are ass holes before they use gear. gear just makes them bigger ass holes. and i mean that litterally ... they are simply larger d1ckheads. roid rage is a myth.

getting that out of the way i dont see what this proves. some dude got jacked. it happens. maybe it was the element of surprise as scott was saying, maybe it was a lucky punch, or maybe the guy he picked on just happened to be a real bad ass who could hit like a truck. not everyone who can throw a punch has a professional ring career.
    Or maybe it is a roid rage driven guy who liked to talk crap a lot and finally pushed the guy too far. Hey, finally a bully got his comeuppance. Great show.