Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRON PALM INFO NEEDED!

Slater_E Guest

IRON PALM INFO NEEDED!

any one here use an ointment like the dit da jow ointment? only do you make it yourself?
    if you don't mind me stealing your recepie, what do you ise and how do you make it?

------------------
    "In a fight, there is no second place."

dfedorko@mindspring.com Guest

Slater_E/Dit Da Jow

Look in martial arts magazines like "Inside Kung Fu" and there are plenty of ads selling the herbs to make Dit Da Jow. They will even explain to you "how to" make it. Have a good day.

Damian

EARTH DRAGON Guest
    I will find it hard to beleive that anyone will give you the receipe. It is something that any herbologist will never reveal. If you order so called jow from books you will only get ripped off, again no one will ever give you their real receipe you would be better off asking famous amous for his! but seroiusly learn iron palm from a certified teacher who will give you some of his own batch, many problems can occur from incorrect training and improper jow mixtures. i,e hand disfigurment, loss of nerve sensitivity, imopantencey, even blindness. so please DO NOT try to learn from a book or buy jow over the internet or in KF magazines it will only do you harm. I will give you a few of the herbs in english so that if you decide to do it your self at least youll have some what of an idea OK?
    lion coin
    sasafrass flower seed
    mung bean extract
    gispoin root
    astralugus branch
    remember these are just a few and not the total amount of herbs so again do not try to use just these, you will do serious damage to your self externally and internally with very little indication

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

nobody Guest

hey sifu, while we are on the subject of iron palm...

what is iron palm all about. i mean, what kind of principals is it based on.

Nexus Guest

Iron palm - Jow

Earth Dragon has a good point and I would read his post carefully before you choose to order jow from the internet or try to make your own. Mine as well take the time to do it right the first time by getting it correct for sure rather than taking the risk of having an improper recipe etc etc.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

Slater_E

Contact Thomas Richard Joiner at tjseaofchi@aol.com and he will help you. He is a Qigong Master and an Herbalist. He has a two publications out on herbs, "The Warrior as Healer" and I can't recall the other publication herbs and remedies for whatever ails you. He is a very humble and truthful person. He does not charge an arm/leg. Have a good day.

Damian

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    Why not try Wing Lam's dit da??
    They say it's the original recipe used by Ku Yu Cheong (by the way, is this the cantonese for Guo Yun Chen or Gu Ru Zhang? I believe on the bottle the pic is from Gu, but I'd bet the translation of Ku Yu Cheong in Guo Yun Chen...anybody can help??)...got carried away...wether or not or to what extent this is true, it cannot be a bad product since I believe it is the one they use when they train...

EARTH DRAGON Guest
    once again please read my post, NO ONE will offer you their real receipe, just as no one will devoldge their family secrets. Find a teacher and he will probaly share his mixture while you train under him, but will not tell you how to make your own.

Wolfgang Kruger Guest
    I must agree with Damion on this one, Contact Thomas for all your Herb Needs.

In this day and age, Good Jow mixtures are readily available, I disagree with the "You will never get the recipe statement" This was maybe true 30 yrs ago, but not now :-)

Also , the herbs listed above would not even work as a good perfume, let alone a Dit Da Jow. What you must understand is , there are only so many Herbs that can be used in this application, different Masters just use different combinations to achieve the same end, as well different ways to prepare the herbs.

Wolfgang

IronFist Guest
    Wing Lam's is supposedly very good jow. I've never heard anything bad about it.

Just don't spill it :P The first time I opened one I was careless and like 20% of it spilled out all over the table top. Haha, whoops. It made the room smell funny :)

I think it's like $8/4oz bottle? But you can buy cases of 10 or 12 for a discount.

Iron

EARTH DRAGON Guest

dear wolfgang

I am a little confused, were you talking about the herbs I listed? becuse they are certainly a few of the main ingredients in any jow formula, I have been making my own jow for 6 years from a 1,800 receipe and I am a practicing herbologist and O.M.D and I assure you those herbs are found in all dit dat jow, just ask your freind thomas. So please do not deteir or speak on something that you dont have full knowledge about for that would make some awful smelling perfume LOL thank you

Wolfgang Kruger Guest
    You are correct:
    My statement was that the herbs listed would NOT make a good Dit DA Jow, Maybe if you provide a proper list of Herbs, I could comment further.

I could only comment on what was on your Post.If you really know herbs, you would know that the herb list that you provided even though incomplete, would make a Very Weak Jow.

Wolfgang

Pointy Guest

Conditioning...

I would not recommend any conditioning/hardening without supervision by capable teacher. It is just so easy to cause injury to oneself.

Perhaps I'm a bit extreme here but better be on the safe side on this one.

"Life? I don't need a life, I know kung fu..."

EARTH DRAGON Guest

dear wolfgang

I did say in my post that these are a FEW of the herbs in english included in most jow formulas. I did not say they are by any means the complete mixture,and NO they are not to be mixed with vodka as some people try to do , I just wanted to give our thread maker a little knowledge of the ingredients so that if he attempted to make the jow himself he would have an idea of SOME of the herbs needed to disapate stangnet blood,circulate wei chi and restructure fascia. I do not plan on listing all the herbs for the above stated reasons. But thank you for your clairification :cool:

Dit Da Jow

Earth Dragon - Master Joiner is not what you say. He is the real McCoy. Sure, you gave a few herbs that are used in a Dit Da Jow but that is it and nothing more. Look at Master Joiner's catalog, read his publications or email him before you pass judgement on this kind and humble man. (TJseaofchi@aol.com)

Iron Fist - Wing Lam's Jow might be good but it loses it's potency when placed in a plastic container. Good jows are in glass jars/bottles and not in plastic containers. You are wasting your money buying a jow in a plastic container.

Damian