View Poll Results: Testing a theory. We will see what the numbers say first.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • train at a school

22 66.67%
  • backyard/garage

15 45.45%
  • train on your own/dont want to learn a whole new system

6 18.18%
  • train private instruction/with friends

13 39.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you train?

How do you train?

Just curious on the numbers.
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

u dont take into account the people that
    train at home and at a school etc

i didnt vote
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Yeah, i guess i assume if you go to a school for instructions you should be working it on your own time.

But thanks for the help.

you can pick multiple answers, dude. Just pick all that apply to you.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

my bad

sorry
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

what about those of us who used to train in schools and in privates but now maintain and cross train with friends, peers and others?

we're not all whippersnappers you know. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

what about those of us who used to train in schools and in privates but now maintain and cross train with friends, peers and others
    ?

That looks like number four. That is what I put down for the same reason you just stated.

dave

that is actually what i am trying to see. I think that there are alot of practitioners that get to a certain level and do just what you are doing.

I also think i should have made an option I DONT TRAIN AT ALL I JUST POSE LIKE I DO.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldphoenix View Post
    I also think i should have made an option I DONT TRAIN AT ALL I JUST POSE LIKE I DO.
    Hey, does raising donuts from the plate to your mouth count as training?

only if you eat at least 1000 in one setting.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    only if you eat at least 1000 in one setting.
    I couldn't do that. Maybe they could have a "just complains instead of training" option. LOL

well if you ask this guy, he might be able to set you up witha good training program that involves eating.

he is the best in the world after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    well if you ask this guy, he might be able to set you up witha good training program that involves eating.

he is the best in the world after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
    Question is, how do they stay so skinny? Do they go puke it all out?

But seriously and on topic, your comments about not being fun to beat yourself up alone are right on. I don't know how to find training partners that won't just turn it into social hour or try to make you do their stuff. I don't think I have time to start a class.

i know that guy works out alot. hes actually really ripped if you see him flex.

but he has a medical condition which actually allows him to eat more. something about being able to expand his stomach further down past what normal people can do. that why hes doubled all the past records for those contests.

Ive decided im just going to go to places that fight.

im still relatively young. ive decided i need to get as much fighting in as i can while i am young . you know, before i get old and take a lot longer to heal. I need to get it in while i still can.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan