View Poll Results: Testing a theory. We will see what the numbers say first.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • train at a school

22 66.67%
  • backyard/garage

15 45.45%
  • train on your own/dont want to learn a whole new system

6 18.18%
  • train private instruction/with friends

13 39.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you train?

neil

I just think i am a kung fu crackhead.. I study at a school but a buddy of mine is the same so we found a cheap space and now we work out 6 days a week.

1000 reps of dougnuts is fine as long as you are using internal chi eating methods.
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    Ive decided im just going to go to places that fight.

im still relatively young. ive decided i need to get as much fighting in as i can while i am young . you know, before i get old and take a lot longer to heal. I need to get it in while i still can.
    You know, all the shows with the UFC fighters, most of them have private muay thai / kickboxing / boxing trainers.

Why aren't there any private TMA trainers? You know, people you can just go do drills and apps with.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldphoenix View Post
    I just think i am a kung fu crackhead.. I study at a school but a buddy of mine is the same so we found a cheap space and now we work out 6 days a week.
    Wow ... that's good for you.

it is hard to find people that are willing to get busy and work hard.

pan, Just go visit other school be polite and respectful and they will let you spar. just make sure you are in good shape cuz they will throw their best at you. but there is alot to learn from a good ass whooping. I have more respect for the guy that gets his clock cleaned and keeps going back for more.

Wait, why would you rent a space for just you and your buddy to work out in?
    You still go to your school right?
    How long do you work out together?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Wait, why would you rent a space for just you and your buddy to work out in?
    You still go to your school right?
    How long do you work out together?
    I can see this happening. Not a lot of schools offer training 6-7 days a week, and may not allow you to use the facilities on off class times.

renting a space with a MA friend is a great idea to keep the ability to have a MA focused location to keep training on your schools off time.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

it is hard to find people that are willing to get busy and work hard.

pan, Just go visit other school be polite and respectful and they will let you spar. just make sure you are in good shape cuz they will throw their best at you. but there is alot to learn from a good ass whooping. I have more respect for the guy that gets his clock cleaned and keeps going back for more.
    for sure.

headed down here on monday to check it out.

http://www.pdxwingchun.com/
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Sanhe

check out my space has some shots of our gym. Kung fu class is just that. we like to fight and try to apply everything in live traing. the gym just adds more to my kung fu. you can punch at the air all you like but hitting bags and live targets gives you a whole different type of training.

pang

good, let me know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    u dont take into account the people that
    train at home and at a school etc

That would describe me.

I actually take Shaolin Long Fist formally in a kwoon. I train in my garage on my own. As well as teach a few close friends in Arnis.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

kid

See your a kung fu crack head like me and if you look at the poll you will see we are not alone.

See your a kung fu crack head like me and if you look at the poll you will see we are not alone.

Yep, jack of all trades(styles) master of none.

I was off the KF Crack for 12yrs though. Fell of the wagon just recently.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

kid

that's a good fall

Any recommendations on finding somebody that wants to train, though, and not just chat and stuff?

Also, how do you deal with liability on a place like that, did you get some kind of slip and fall policy?

neil

just net work, you have got to have some friends that are like minded. heck post on here for your area wharehouse space is cheap if you look around. " build it and they will come" we welcome all styles if it works in a fight then its good enough for us most everbody has something to share. Our 1 friend is a boxer another body builder me and my guy do 7* and we have a few people that just like to come work out and hit the bags. anything is possible just make it happen.

our waiver is like 3 pages long. plus is private club only. not open to the public.
    Last edited by Emeraldphoenix; 04-12-2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: add