Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hung Fut

Hung Fut

I'm interested in core concepts and characteristics of each of the ten animals. I'm also interested in the usage of the cripple and immortal forms. You can also talk about the style's history, personal experiences. Pretty much anything Hung Fut.
    Last edited by The Xia; 04-13-2007 at 06:14 PM.

well since this is really only addressed to like 4 people (as far as i know) you might be waiting a little while. my suggestion is try to persuade brothernumber 9 into a conversation that dude is a wealth of knowledge and a heck of a guy.

as for me i will tell you what i know but i wouldn't say its a lot. but it will probably wait til monday morning/afternoon when i am at work and finished with my days business. sorry.

so remember to bump this thread to the top on monday morning or PM me and remind me. other than that click on my school link in my sig and read whats there. its a good starting point.

Hi BruceSteveRoy

Is that a play on Bruce Leeroy?
    Anyway, thanks for the response. I have read your sifu's website. I'm curious about the style but it seems far less widespread in the U.S. then many other arts and it's not easy to find info on the actual art of Hung Fut online. I'll keep it in mind to bump this thread up on monday if it starts to die.
    Last edited by The Xia; 04-13-2007 at 06:29 PM.

There was this one arm form video clip on youtube performed by the son of a well known Hung Fut Sifu in HK but since the form is sooo secret it had to be taken off again...(well this was politily asked by a certain "Sifu ",an US representitive)
    Anyway this wont be for long because since they openly demo´d the form in HK/Kowloon park it was filmed by many tourists and I been told someone will upload this soon..(all secret infos I unfold here)

*to be honest,thats why kung fu is getting laughed at too many of the practitioner and theoretics (is that aword?) are acting with their noddle up their arse...

Heres a good site for Hung Fut www.hungfutph.com
    those guys living in todays world

Laukarbo

Thanks for the link.
    It has good reading. I found a video from their school on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kMtzBDKk_Y
    Very nice showcase of TCMA conditioning.
    Oh, and I saw that video you mentioned before it was taken down.
    I think there is also a video of Sifu Tai Yim doing that form somewhere on youtube.
    Last edited by The Xia; 04-13-2007 at 06:52 PM.

SECRET FORMS

yeah saw this form being performed in Hong Kong. Nicely Done. A very esoteric set but how advanced could it really be.

Now as for the Crazy Staff form. It is a treasured pole form in Hung Fut. But it also has been demonstrated in public. I've got that on tape somewhere.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    Now as for the Crazy Staff form. It is a treasured pole form in Hung Fut. But it also has been demonstrated in public. I've got that on tape somewhere.
    The famous Mad Devil Staff!
    That tape public?

There are several versions of the left handed form. I've seen Tai Yim do it and I've seen the one in Hong Kong, they are very different. My Sifu taught a version of it as well, which was still different. Don't get me wrong, they are all similiar, but the patterns are all different.

I have not seen the staff form thougt. It was the first thing that my Sifu, Chan Tai-San had learned from Bok Mo Jiu, but I never asked to learn it. I would like to see it though (ERIC!!).

Peace.

Like any style there are different versions of the same set.

Mike
    Remind me in about a week through e-mail. I'm in the process of fixing up my basement studio and had to put everything back into boxes Only took me 3years to get them out when I moved down here.

Its from a Hong Kong Demo I think back in the Late 80's You got things being demonstrated like Choy Mok, CLF, HG, Hung Fut Horse Chopper, White Crane, etc.

You know I think it was commercially produced because I remember there were title lines under each form (even though they were out of order )

Sounds Cool, Eric. I'll hit you up in about a week or so.

M

there's a movie called "the four invincibles" which features hung gum poi's (the hk sifu mentioned earlier) version of the hf crippled style. it also features hf techniques. he also choreographed the fight scenes and you see him doing some cripple poses in the 1st 5 seconds of the film.

hkflix has it for 6.95 but i have to warn you that the movie is really bad (terrible) but it's worth watching once.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    I'm interested in core concepts and characteristics of each of the ten animals. I'm also interested in the usage of the cripple and immortal forms. You can also talk about the style's history, personal experiences. Pretty much anything Hung Fut.

To be honest I don't think you're going to get anyone to talk about the Cripple or Immortals forms on a public forum. It's just not something most Hung Fut people I know would do. I've learned just a bit of Hung Fut, but not enough to tell you much about the system. I know Hung Fut and Hak Fu Mun share a lot in common, you could say we have more in common with each other, than either does with it's sister art Hung Gar. We both share the same Ten Animals snake,crane,tiger,leopard,dragon,horse,monkey,elep hant,eagle,and lion. I know that in Hak Fu Mun just like within Hung Fut we use the eagle and horse almost exactly the same.

Hung Fut has a One Armed form and Chopsticks and Bowl form as does Hak Fu Mun. Do to Grandmaster Wong Cheung also learning Hung Fut from White haired Devil (Hung Ju Sing or Bak Mou Jiu) We also have their Crazy devil and a couple other staff forms. Other than that I can't help you with too much..sorry!

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

here the crazy devil staff of hung fut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_t3pOEDxo

Steeve

without having ever seen Mad Devil staff form, I can say for certain, that clip is NOT THE mad devil staff form. There are several forms with the name "mad devil" or "fung Mo" in them, this may be one of those, but is certainly not the treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    without having ever seen Mad Devil staff form, I can say for certain, that clip is NOT THE mad devil staff form. There are several forms with the name "mad devil" or "fung Mo" in them, this may be one of those, but is certainly not the treasure.
    I was under the impression that it is 'left-handed', no?? That form was not.