Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    there are so many people who operate with the mindframe of this attacker.

all through out time this has been the case.

granted the lives of 33 people lost is a very sad occasion. as is any other un necessary loss of life.
    Maybe we should institute a new rule which is that if you're going to go crazy and looney, you have to do something nice with it.

Like give away free cookies, or give people your money, or do people's work for them -- something like that.

Like if you're going to go nuts at a school, then you have to go from classroom to classroom, giving away baked goods, candy, M&M's, or something like that.

This was a legal gun purchase....I hope the conservatives are happy. Maybe this guy needed the gun for protection.

This was a legal gun purchase....I hope the conservatives are happy
    Could of just as well been a illegal gun purchase. Blame the person not the tool.

I have never yet seen a firearm float down the street and start shooting at people by itself. Also don't make me break out the case after case after case where a person has protected themselves and there family from grave harm by using a legally owned firearm.

btw....try not to sound like such a tool.

Lets not even mention most of those time people did not even have to fire a shot to protect themselves....just brandish the weapon...
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Lets not even mention most of those time people did not even have to fire a shot to protect themselves....just brandish the weapon...
    You better **** well know what you're doing before you brandish a weapon. I know many who would see the gun in your hand and, if they have a gun, blow your head off without asking any questions.

By the way had the guy NOT had access to a gun then 33 people would not be dead.

Everyone has access to guns, legal or not.

Second, it is a statistical fact that many guns used in self defense are not even fired, so don't give me ur what if, fear reactions.

Think about it, KILLING someone is FAR more illegal than owning or posessing some sort of contraband....like weapon such as a gun.

If someone is willing to commit a crime on the scale of KILLING, you think a much lessor crime like obtaining a gun is going to deter them at all?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 04-17-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

By the way had the guy NOT had access to a gun then 33 people would not be dead.

Making guns illegal will not work. Really man, that's like saying "I'm going to steal a car!!", but then being afraid of the law when it comes to stealing a pack of smokes when the cashier has his back turned and there is no chance of getting caught...especially since you drove to the 7-11 in your stolen car...

If someone is willing to commit the crime of Murder, possessing an illegal gun won't phase them.

It's too late to ban guns, too many are out there, and it's not possible to quell the black market.

Also, anyone with access to a metal shop can make a working gun in about 4 hours...it's not hard. The technology exists, and cannot be put back in the bottle.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 04-17-2007 at 07:22 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Everyone has access to guns, legal or not.
    In the UK, a student gets p!ssed off and lonely, angry and depressed, they go get sh!tfaced and end up having sex with someone they shouldn't or sleeping on the doorstep of the pub (from reams of personal experience! ). In the States, they go and shoot as many other students as they can. Anybody notice anything?

In the UK, a gang member gets angry, goes and shoots someone (usually another gang member but sometimes nowadays, another kid - note no plural)...

I appreciate in the US things went way too far a long long time ago, but I love the way some people talk about gun ownership as the only absolute logic.

This is a tragic situation.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    the verbiage on CNN is just too much...every line about the guns is a slant towards the liberal left gun control issue...I might have to switch to FOX but they are too ****ed right...anyone know a good libertarian new agency?

The Dems are going to jump all over this. I'm going to hate to have to vote Republican in '08 just to keep some tight panty wadded dyke out of office.

NOT that the actions are defensable...but it's this guys ACTIONS that are bad, not the gun itself. People are going to eff each other up in one way or another. Sucks to be an innocent bystander but innocent bystanders have been getting the shaft for eons...that is NOT going to change. It's hard to help being in the wrong place at the wrong time...be it SE Asia, or a NYC skyscraper, or a German class at a mountain college.

my heart goes out to the family and friends of the poeple who died.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

In the UK, a student gets p!ssed off and lonely, angry and depressed, they go get sh!tfaced and end up having sex with someone they shouldn't or sleeping on the doorstep of the pub (from reams of personal experience! ).

Reply]
    That is what most do here too.

In the States, they go and shoot as many other students as they can. Anybody notice anything?

Reply]
    That is not the norm. I wonder how much of that has to do with reporting...like maybe in Bagdad this happenes every day, and no one says anything....maybe in your neck of the woods too...

In the UK, a gang member gets angry, goes and shoots someone (usually another gang member but sometimes nowadays, another kid - note no plural)...

Reply]
    Either way, plural or not, the gun is not at fault, it's some other phenominon at work.

I appreciate in the US things went way too far a long long time ago, but I love the way some people talk about gun ownership as the only absolute logic.

Reply]
    We are just trying to defend ourselves from those in our country that want to empower the criminals, and make it so we are defeseless...it's a big issue here.

Large parts of our governemnt want to make it so we have to just submit and die at the hands of our attackers without so much as a verbal protest...and taking our guns (the most effective and efficent tool of defense) from us is thier first priority.

This is a tragic situation.

Reply]
    You can say that again!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Please Stop

Hold off on the gun politics. It's only been one day. The media's doing it, let's not all stoop that low...

I read that the gunner/shooter was an english major last named cho.

wrote about violence in a creative writing class.

---

1. balance in life.

2. take one's life.

3. hurt innocence people.

--

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...807vtechvigils

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQgVA...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8syX2b-zQ&NR=1

Last edited by SPJ; 04-17-2007 at 08:33 PM.

American society lives by the gun, and will die by the gun. Why anyone is shocked that incidents like these happen is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    Maybe we should institute a new rule which is that if you're going to go crazy and looney, you have to do something nice with it.

Like give away free cookies, or give people your money, or do people's work for them -- something like that.

Like if you're going to go nuts at a school, then you have to go from classroom to classroom, giving away baked goods, candy, M&M's, or something like that.
    in the old time, you will be told to face the wall and think about your mistakes or ill intents/thoughts.

or just do the horse stance for 1 hour or 2.

If VT had adopted a policy to allow teachers and students with VA concealed handgun permits and some additional training in handling a handgun instead of banning staff and students from carrying on campus, maybe, just maybe, the death toll would have been a lot lower. Guns are legal on the campus so a risk that may be worth it to a licensed gun owner would be get a concealable carry, wear it and keep absolutely quiet about it.

What most of these anti gun news people don't get is that the police rarely protect anyone from crime. The police spend more time cleaning up after crimes and taking statements than doing anything preventive.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-17-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.