Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Because they have empathy, Neil, and they fear for their children. That's not whack, that's people who are hurt and need help with their emotions. They don't need to justify their emotions, they need people to console them.
    They're absolutely stupid is what they are. They chide me for taking precautions such as making sure the kids don't walk home alone, or trying to keep them safe from hepatitis, or trying to get people to drive safer without being on the cell phone ...

... then they freak out over something like this and go into a total panic.

It's not emotion, it's just complete stupidity.

If they had any empathy at all they'd be doing something for all the kids around the world dying of malnutrition while they feed their fat faces. It's not empathy, it's utter stupidity.

Anyways, whatever. IMHO the media hypes things totally out of proportion and people seem to go along with it like sheep. It's too bad the media feels the need to make their money off of mass hysteria like this.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-18-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post
    They're absolutely stupid is what they are. They chide me for taking precautions such as making sure the kids don't walk home alone, or trying to keep them safe from hepatitis, or trying to get people to drive safer without being on the cell phone ...

... then they freak out over something like this and go into a total panic.

It's not emotion, it's just complete stupidity.

If they had any empathy at all they'd be doing something for all the kids around the world dying of malnutrition while they feed their fat faces. It's not empathy, it's utter stupidity.

Anyways, whatever. IMHO the media hypes things totally out of proportion and people seem to go along with it like sheep. It's too bad the media feels the need to make their money off of mass hysteria like this.
    Yes, the media takes advantage of such things to up their ratings.

YOU, on the other hand, are taking advantage of other people's sensibilities and emotions, including mine.

Have you seen WITH YOUR OWN EYES the degradation, carnage and devastation you so passionately speak of? HAVE YOU?!?!

If so, I suggest a different/better platform for you to speak on.

IF NOT, I suggest you STFU and take it somewhere else.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Because they have empathy, Neil, and they fear for their children. That's not whack, that's people who are hurt and need help with their emotions. They don't need to justify their emotions, they need people to console them.

AGAIN, that is simply what this thread was for and simply what those affected need.

I know I don't need to, and I know I wasn't directly affected by what happened at VT, but I would like to point out (as I don't voluntarily do) that I can sympathise with you.

The images and words are very much like what I experienced in the immediate aftermath of September 11th, and because of that, I am so touched by the solidarity of the students, family and faculty.

That being said, I was there, for years before and after in NYC from start to finish.

I saw most of everything with my own eyes.

I lived 12 blocks north from WTC, and on the West Side Highway.

I spent months hanging out on the highway with friends, celebrities and commoners because we didn't know what else to do or say or where else to go.

We built shrines, put up signs, dug holes in the dirt to place banks of candles, held flags aloft, took pictures, sat with EMS workers emerging from the hole in the ground.

There is so much more to tell and remember, but at this point I will stop and regive condolences to SS and everyone else affected.

Neil, I believe you have a lot more to learn about life and humanity and the loss of such, and I truly wish you would stop and let those of us trying to give respect to do just that - give respect.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

The big fuss is that it is too close to home.

Neil, the 32 who died today are no more, or less important than the Iraqie police that were behead live on the Iraq news tv this morning, but in this case it is OUR people....in OUR back yard, so it is more shocking.

What you are saying is right...but your timming is really bad.

You know, there was a Navy seal by the name of Scott Halvenston who was killed in Iraq. They showed the video on tv and the internet, how the insurgents cut his arms, and legs off. There was footage of him being beat in the face with a pipe after they torched his Humvee. They then dragged his burnt body to a bridge and hung it there to display for all the world to see. I actually cried when I saw it...why? because he had put some conditioning vids out that i used as the framework to recover from my back injury. I never met the man, but I used what I learned in his tapes to construct a therapy program to heal...when the doctors said it was impossible to do without surgury.

Although I am deeply saddened by this shooting, and too troubled by the muder of the Iraq policemen to even fully watch the news report, I did not cry for them becasue they had not been a significant part of my life prior, where as Scott Halvenston had (through his tapes) been instramental in my recovery.

It's not how important a human life is Neil, it's how much they had effected our lives prior to thier deaths. Most on this board cannot identify with Iraq..there is no frame of referance, so it is off in the distance, and to be honest, I think we are all desensitised to it. But a shooting on a campus is something we ALL feel, becasue vertually everyone here has spent at least some time on a college campus...and it is supposed to be a place of peace, learning and growth, not brutal murders.

We are feeling it more, because we are more connencted to it becasue it is a common frame of referance, and most have experianced college life, where as Iraq is really not much different than an action movie...it's not real untill you have been there, or someone whos impacted your life was taken by it...it leaves you wishing you had called them, or contacted the company to let them know thier knowledge allowed you to heal...

Yes, human life is not any less valuable over there than here, but the value of human life does not determin how we feel, it's how close an event was, or is to OUR lives that determins how much we are impacted as an individual...

So do us all a favor, drop your Bullshit for a few weeks untill we have digested all of this will you?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post

Neil, the 32 who died today are no more, or less important than the Iraqie police that were behead live on the Iraq news tv this morning, but in this case it is OUR people....in OUR back yard, so it is more shocking.

You know, there was a Navy seal by the name of Scott Halvenston who was killed in Iraq. They showed the video on tv and the internet, how the insurgents cut his arms, and legs off. There was footage of him being beat in the face with a pipe after they torched his Humvee. They then dragged his burnt body to a bridge and hung it there to display for all the world to see. I actually cried when I saw it...why? because he had put some conditioning vids out that i used as the framework to recover from my back injury. I never met the man, but I used what I learned in his tapes to construct a therapy program to heal...when the doctors said it was impossible to do without surgury.

Although I am deeply saddened by this shooting, and too troubled by the muder of the Iraq policemen to even fully watch the news report, I did not cry for them becasue they had not been a significant part of my life prior, where as Scott Halvenston had (through his tapes) been instramental in my recovery.

It's not how important a human life is Neil, it's how much they had effected our lives prior to thier deaths. Most on this board cannot identify with Iraq..there is no frame of referance, so it is off in the distance, and to be honest, I think we are all desensitised to it. But a shooting on a campus is something we ALL feel, becasue vertually everyone here has spent at least some time on a college campus...and it is supposed to be a place of peace, learning and growth, not brutal murders.

We are feeling it more, because we are more connencted to it becasue it is a common frame of referance, and most have experianced college life, where as Iraq is really not much different than an action movie...it's not real untill you have been there, or someone whos impacted your life was taken by it...it leaves you wishing you had called them, or contacted the company to let them know thier knowledge allowed you to heal...

Yes, human life is not any less valuable over there than here, but the value of human life does not determin how we feel, it's how close an event was, or is to OUR lives that determins how much we are impacted as an individual...

So do us all a favor, drop your Bullshit for a few weeks untill we have digested all of this will you?
    Agreed, RD. It is just too close to home, and that is why we react as we do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post

IMHO the fact that 6 million kids a year die in Africa is probably the most shocking news story I've ever come across in my life. 32 college students dying is like nothing at all compared to that. 5 million holocaust victims is nothing either. The reason it's so shocking is because nobody wants to do a **** thing about it.

No, the timing is right on because ALL that's on the news channels right now is this thing.

You know, there was a Navy seal by the name of Scott Halvenston who was killed in Iraq. They showed the video on tv and the internet, how the insurgents cut his arms, and legs off. There was footage of him being beat in the face with a pipe after they torched his Humvee. They then dragged his burnt body to a bridge and hung it there to display for all the world to see.
    Yeah, I actually had his tape series before that happened -- still have it. It's pretty good, eh?

But he was a mercenary, not a soldier even, he was no longer a Navy Seal, he was on contract. It was a tragedy, but in all fairness he signed up for that.

Anyways, whatever. I didn't know anybody on that campus, and IMHO they are no more important than African children.

If we're not going to do anything to save a millions of starving kids then we sure as hell shouldn't cry over some college students.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-18-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Yeah, I actually had his tape series before that happened -- still have it. It's pretty good, eh?

But he was a mercenary, not a soldier even, he was no longer a Navy Seal, he was on contract. It was a tragedy, but in all fairness he signed up for that
    Man, your one pu$$y f@ck. All the money in the world says your to much of a coward to talk the way you do, when your in public where everyone can see your cards.
    Last edited by Black Jack II; 04-19-2007 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Man, your one pu$$y f@ck. All the money in the world says your to much of a coward to talk the way you do in public wear everyone can see your cards.
    LOL. You've obviously never worked with me. LOL I've been giving people at work an earful all day, why do you think I'm so up in arms about this thing, because they've been going off about it all day instead of doing any work.

In fact, when Scott bought it, I was the one that mentioned it to people at work because I had his video series. None of them had it. None of them even cared, because most of them were from China or India anyways, and never heard of him.

IMHO the fact that 6 million kids a year die in Africa is probably the most shocking news story I've ever come across in my life. 32 college students dying is like nothing at all compared to that. 5 million holocaust victims is nothing either. The reason it's so shocking is because nobody wants to do a **** thing about it.

No, the timing is right on because ALL that's on the news channels right now is this thing.

But he was a mercenary, not a soldier even, he was no longer a Navy Seal, he was on contract. It was a tragedy, but in all fairness he signed up for that.

Anyways, whatever. I didn't know anybody on that campus, and IMHO they are no more important than African children.

If we're not going to do anything to save a millions of starving kids then we sure as hell shouldn't cry over some college students.
    You know, as much as you always want to be right or have the last word -

You're NOT and you WON"T.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let those of us who wish to use this forum therapeutically.

And once again, PLEASE START ANOTHER/DIFFERENT THREAD to showcase yourself.

Honestly, I sincerely hope the mods are tracking this one...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    You know, as much as you always want to be right or have the last word -

You're NOT and you WON"T.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let those of us who wish to use this forum therapeutically.

And once again, PLEASE START ANOTHER/DIFFERENT THREAD to showcase yourself.

Honestly, I sincerely hope the mods are tracking this one...
    Therapeutic ... good grief, you're a bunch of fricking morons. Over 100 people died in car accidents today, and yesterday and the day before and will continue to die for the entire year, yet you're talking about therapy over these 32 people.

You need some therapy, all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Man, your one pu$$y f@ck. All the money in the world says your to much of a coward to talk the way you do, when your in public wear everyone can see your cards.
    WORD.

Neil, why don't you post where you're from or update your profile so we all can see what demographical/stereotypical part of the country you represent.

In fact, why don't you come to IL and we can discuss our differences in person?

(I've never issued a challenge, and I am not even remotely the kind of person to do so, AND I'm fairly certain I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag compared to most, if not everyone on this forum, but I'm starting to think seriously about it given the climate concerning recent events...Whaddaya think kneel?)

(C'mon, give it to me)
    Last edited by tug; 04-18-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Addition
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    WORD.

Neil, why don't you post where you're from or update your profile so we all can see what demographical/stereotypical part of the country you represent.

In fact, why don't you come to IL and we can discuss our differences in person?

(I've never issued a challenge, and I am not even remotely the kind of person to do so, AND I'm fairly certain I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag compared to most, if not everyone on this forum, but I'm starting to think seriously about it given the climate concerning recent events...Whaddaya think kneel?)

(C'mon, give it to me)
    IL ... you're not even in VA and letting yourself get all emotional over these people. This just shows the news media has made you into sheeple.

BTW, a little info about the organization that Halveston was part of, since people obviously don't believe the mercenary part.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q...nt/reply/20906

Don't get me started on Blackwater.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

IL ... you're not even in VA and letting yourself get all emotional over these people. This just shows the news media has made you into sheeple.

BTW, a little info about the organization that Halveston was part of, since people obviously don't believe the mercenary part.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q...nt/reply/20906
    Heh. Good observation, Igor.

The fact that I'm not in VA has absolutely nothing to do with the way I'm reacting, AND it also has absolutely NOTHING to do with the media coverage.

Man, you are wasted/hopeless/f*d up. You don't even know what you're talking about, you're just spewing words that don't even go together.

Are you educated? Did you eat lead paint as a child? Are you part of some military experiment? Are you being held hostage against your will being forced to type unrelated issues into a computer type thing? Are you a monkey? That's it, that's gotta be it - you're part of that government thing where they train animals to do human jobs. Yeah.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

Thumbs up

I read that a 70 some year old professor from romania tried to jam the door and saved 20 students.

he was shot in the process.

he spent time in a nazi concentration camp during ww ii.

--

a hero. a humanist, a shepard.

--