Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Neilhytholt,
    Unfortunately you are right. Governments down here are corruptible, but they don’t really pull the strings. If you look into how things work down here, one cannot help but thinking ‘conspiracy theory’ or ‘world order’ or something. Problem is, there is always war down here. Regardless of whos in power, the very nature of the African people (again Im including myself here) are probably just that, War. If you wasn’t to see racism in all its glory, spend a little time amongst Africans (even people with the same skin colour).

who says no one is interested in African politics? i for one am. i think one reason people dont speak on it is fair of being labeled racist even when speaking truths, and 2, because the situation is so **** confounding and seemingly complex to an outsider. like me for 1.

i understand the role of unscrupulous corporations and the after effects of European imperialism as the cause of alot of the ills there. you also can't deny that Africans have caught a raw deal in the grand scheme of things. International indifference being just one. but are you basically saying the problems in Africa can for the most be blamed simply on tribalism? thats very disheartening. corrupt governments really aren't to blame? who exactly is pulling the strings there?

you probably should start a new thread by the way, as to not derail this one too much. respect for the dead and all......

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    This was a legal gun purchase....I hope the conservatives are happy. Maybe this guy needed the gun for protection.
    i dont think we should be politicizing this just yet, but how did a foreign national get hold of a legal gun?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Hold off on the gun politics. It's only been one day. The media's doing it, let's not all stoop that low...
    agreed. im pro gun control but honestly.... let the dead be buried before you start your self-interested bickering. the weapon of choice could of been a bomb or a biochem. for all you know.

murderous lunatics will find ways to be murderous lunatics.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    If VT had adopted a policy to allow teachers and students with VA concealed handgun permits and some additional training in handling a handgun instead of banning staff and students from carrying on campus, maybe, just maybe, the death toll would have been a lot lower. Guns are legal on the campus so a risk that may be worth it to a licensed gun owner would be get a concealable carry, wear it and keep absolutely quiet about it.

What most of these anti gun news people don't get is that the police rarely protect anyone from crime. The police spend more time cleaning up after crimes and taking statements than doing anything preventive.

read the post above. how fast do you think sumone can draw at the detonation of a bomb?

hmm how many thousand civilians and american/brittish soldiers have died in iraq ?

compared to that

this is nothing

also notice how often this type of "mad gunmen kills everybody" thing happens in the state compared with the uk

now look at our gun laws

oh but no

the answer is to have more guns

christ

don't u guys learn anything ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    read the post above. how fast do you think sumone can draw at the detonation of a bomb?
    Wow, you really can't make an argument that's worth a fig can you?

Fred,
    Guns are a fact of life here in the states, Pandora's box is open and there's no going back. Rather than pass laws and wave pieces of paper about which bad people don't care about, we here in the Southern states would rather just level the playing field.

Sounds like your time is coming.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6386085.stm
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

this is really a personal tragedy involving innocent bystanders.

let politicians make it a public issue, campus saftey, gun banning vs owning etc.

on a personal level:

a religion, a hobby, or even watching american idol would help.

it is about how to cope with things/events in life.

it is not about having my way or else!

1. religion: such as buddhism. compassion and idea of inclusivness or inclusion. we do not exist alone. all life dependent on one another. we are part of the universe. we do not take life lightly including our own. so a girl friend did not work out. well there are many nice decent girls out there. things change, time moves on. sometimes letting go of the old meaning embarking on something new. if we may not stay the same all the time, how can we xpect the girl friend stay the same way. so she found a new love. let it be. or grow up. our being hurt for the moment do not mean we may justify to hurt others.--
    2. a hobby. would take the center stage or weight of our life. so things do not go the way we want. ya ya tommorrow is another day. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. it is not the end of the world. we focus on what we enjoy most with our time.
    3. watching good TV programs. there are many good singers on AI stand, not all them make it to the final, so be it, they go on to sing for many. self pity, dejection, depression, we all have them, part of the life. cope with them and move on/forward. again, why would you hurt yourself more if you already hurt enough. why take it out on other innocent bystander.

--

end of rants.

Nevermind the gun control argument...

This guy had a neon sign over his head for years saying "I'm a ticking bomb" and no one thought about getting him comitted? His violence/stalking tendencies were documented at least since 2005 and before. His classmates and teachers were afraid of him, he was a loner, depressed...what more do you need? If he couldn't get access to a gun, he would have built a bomb...guaranteed.

They need to have protective policies and procedures in place to forcefully help these type of "at risk" students.

All people who go on shooting sprees have deep-seated mental problems, but not all people who display the signs of a deep-seated mental problem go on shooting sprees. Students with "issues" on college campuses are taken seriously, but they can't lock up anyone who is depressed and/or has violent thoughts or their enrollment would drop dramatically and students would feel threatened by the same environment that is supposed to help them feel free to discover who they are.

Whenever something like this happens there is a tendency to say "we should have seen this coming," but in most cases that is just wishful thinking. We'd all like to live in a world where we could cut danger off at every turn, but life just doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by BraveMonkey; 04-18-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: fixed typo

"This was a legal gun purchase....I hope the conservatives are happy. Maybe this guy needed the gun for protection."

If you go to the Democratic Under gound to guns under issues you see that democrats are very pro gun. Based on that forum you would think they are more supportive of guns than the NRA.

the anti gunners are the far left of the party. But they hurt the party, even Bill Clinton said that gun control was a major reason gore lost.

I'm gonna have to agree with the concealed carry guys here. The sooner that weapons are respected by more people as tools, the sooner there will be less tragedies like this one. Instead of a fear of their very existence, which is a cat that is waaaaaay out of the bag, being taught the proper ways of handling, care, and use of the tool for more people will create a safer enviroment for all involved parties.

Of course, this requires actually getting down and dirty, admitting to lack of knowledge leading to fear, obtaining that knowledge, and making **** sure your children and anyone else willing to listen and learn knows how to handle it. How likely this is to happen is not something I care to really contemplate.

That said, I don't understand why people play the "my tragedy is worse" game. Personally, I'm "happy" any time people show indignation at senseless death. Shows hope for us all.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    hmm how many thousand civilians and american/brittish soldiers have died in iraq ?

compared to that

this is nothing

also notice how often this type of "mad gunmen kills everybody" thing happens in the state compared with the uk

now look at our gun laws

oh but no

the answer is to have more guns

christ

don't u guys learn anything ?
    they are at war in iraq. people getting killed is par for the course and is to be expected. the male shot in the dorm was a senior with three majors. he was supposed to graduate in three weeks. getting shot in school should not have been a concern for him.

as for guns, let's say you are approached bya man drawing a gun. you reach for yours in self defense and... wait, you don't have oneto draw, because guns are illegal and you couldn't buy one...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

they had a student on tv, who in addition to being in that building, was also at columbine when it happened.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    pretty fast. they talked to a kid today that may well have saved his class. he had the presence of mind to push tables in front of the door. gunman turned the handle and fired two rounds into the door since it would not open. an armed student could have shot him then.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    "This was a legal gun purchase....I hope the conservatives are happy. Maybe this guy needed the gun for protection."

If you go to the Democratic Under gound to guns under issues you see that democrats are very pro gun. Based on that forum you would think they are more supportive of guns than the NRA.

the anti gunners are the far left of the party. But they hurt the party, even Bill Clinton said that gun control was a major reason gore lost.

Who said anything about democrat or republican? The weak knee dems are as conservative as the republicans. In fact I refer to a democrat as a republican who's pro choice!

Gore lost because of gun control?....Hardly. Gore lost because he did not have the support of all true liberals. Most voted for Nader and the rest (like me) did not vote. The truth is had he not supported his wife in her efforts to ban the wrong kind on music in a blatant and disgusting censorship campaign through the PMRC then he would have been elected.

The sad truth about it is that if Gore wants the presidency it's his for the taking. All he has to do is run. He'll win even without the support of the liberals.

Back to gun control: Personally I would ban and confiscate all guns.